Sally arrived!

Trip Start Aug 27, 2011
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
What I did
Sally arrived and did some catching up, sightseeing and relax

Flag of Thailand  ,
Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The bus from Pattaya was quick and comfortable and cheap! As it was the local bus most people were Thai. It took roughly 1.5/2 hours. We took a taxi from the bus station and arrived quickly back at the Rambuttri Village and checked in.

After dropping the bags in the room we went fom a wander and got some Pad Thai from one of the street stalls. Yum! Waited for a few hours and finally heard the knock at the door and Sal had arrived! A few hugs later we went to Khao San for Sally to have a look and after wandering the streets for a while we had some food and drinks and decided what to do the next day. As it had been a long day for all we went back to the hotel for a sleep as the next day would be a busy day!

Met in the lobby at 8.30 and headed to Wat Arun by tuktuk. We arrived at the pier as we had to cross the river to access the temple but the boat crossing was quick and cheap (3baht! so that be 6 pence/5 cent) as Stu and I had been to the river front before we notice how high the river bed was, almost more than a meter higher than 3 weeks before. Luckily that was the only flooding we saw but more water was predicted later that week.. After the crossing we arrived at the temple and it was very colourful, quite small in area but VERY, VERY steep.

The rain was holding off which was good and it was actually quite hot, we had a wonder around after first finding Sally something to cover her legs with, not because they were so white ;) but because you have to in a temple.

We decided to walk up the temple to get the good view points, but really didn't realise how steep the steps where. The first part of the climb was not that bad, but the second part of it, phew that was tough. Funnily though we didnt find it scary unlike the beefed up American guy who openly admitted that he was scared to walk up as it looked to steep for him, before quickly adding "but I can jump out of a plane no problem" your not impressing anyone dude!!!!! (well maybe Sally!)

Anyway, we planned it well as when we got to the bottom it started to rain, a little bit so we made our way quickly back across the river and on to Wat Pho, home to the original Thai massage. They have a school there in the temple where they train people to become massage therapists, or if you like, torturers!!!!

Just as we arrived though the heavens opened and we got stuk in a shop/shrine type place for a while untill we decided that it was not going to stop so we bought brollies off the street vendors and went into Wat Pho to look at the Reclining Buddha. Around the buddha there is over one hundred pots where you have to put money in each and make a wish, I think Cynthia's wish came true - wait for it.......

After the reclining Buddah we headed for the massage/torture chamber, Cynth decided a Thai massage was not for her but Sally and Stu went for the half hour massage (soft, after Stu's previous experience of a hard one, no jokes please) it was actually very nice and relaxing and got a free lychy water after.

That evening we decided we would try and book a night train down to the islands the following day, this is luxury as you get a bed for the night on the train so you can wake up nice a fresh the following day, unfortunatly the train was fully booked up for the next 2 days, so we had to get a coach, this was not good as this would be a long night...
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: