Hmm maybe not to best decision after all...

Trip Start Aug 27, 2011
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Asian Koh Kong Hotel
Read my review - 2/5 stars
What I did
Tried to leave as soon as we could

Flag of Cambodia  , Kaôh Kŏng,
Sunday, October 2, 2011

We didn't know that much about Koh Kong just that it was close to the Thai border and seeing we had to get back to Thailand that was good. We knew it was near the sea so we thought that be good too and seeing there were loads of buses that went there it must have been ok, well it wasn't.
We arrived in the afternoon and checked in. The hotel was OK. Clean, big and bland. But it had a nice bed, good air-con, nice bathroom and free WiFi. We had a walk into town but discovered besides a few guesthouses, a market and some phone and hardware shops nothing else around. As it was Sunday around 5 people were shutting the shops so we walked back again. Had dinner at the restaurant across the road and went to bed with the idea we'll walk further tomorrow see if there is anything more.
Monday started with rain so watched a movie and got up at about 11. Walked into town again and a bit further than the day before to discover.. nope there is nothing further to Koh Kong. Seeing we had only booked for 2 nights we decided to leave the following day (and we couldn't wait) Not that is was bad just nothing to do with bad weather on top. Booked a bus for 11.30 the next day, had dinner and went back to the room.

Tuesday arrived and we packed our bags, got dressed and left for the bus. Got the the place where we were suppose to be picked up and the guy who sold us the tickets said we had to be at his other restaurant about a 400 meter walk.. so we did. When we got there I asked the lady what time we could expect the bus at which she answered between 12 and 12.30 the bus will come and have a half hour stop for lunch and will leave at 1. Annoyed much?!
We now had time to kill. When 12.45 came around still no bus so we asked the lady again to which she said she would call someone and when she got off the phone she told us the bus wasn't coming it decided to have stopped at a different hotel and we had to get a tuktuk to get there so with little choice we got in the tuktuk and went to the bus only to find out it was opposite our hotel!!! Not happy.
It only took 15 min to get to the Thai border and from there we had to take a different van to Pattaya after waiting around for a bit we finally were on our way!
Slideshow Report as Spam

My Review Of The Place I Stayed

Loading Reviews
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: