What a lovely night

Trip Start Jun 03, 2010
Trip End Mar 29, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Thailand  ,
Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The journey dragged on and on and although tired I never really managed more than a doze or two.  Had a 30 minute stop near the town of Phitsanulok as normal and pulled into the Arcade Bus Station in Chiangmai at 07:30.
We take a tuk-tuk to the Top North Guest House where I had thought about staying.  The fan only room that we were shown was dirty and small although the aircon room was a little better Jai didnt take to either and it was easy just to go back to our old faithful guest house where we lived for a while a few years back.  We have stayed here a number of times since we 'moved out' and always get the same room and this time was no different.  Dump our bags then walk to Wararot market to buy breakfast of fried bready things - blah tong go - which are sold all over the place (badly) but here are great.  A couple of small platic bags of coffee and back to the room for breakfast.
Not having been able to get a passport at Khon Kaen we make it a priority this morning and head quickly out by tuk-tuk to the office on the outskirts of the city.  It is incredibly busy and with Jai's ticket number being 139 and only No 90 currently being called forward I was anticipating a long wait.  They proved me wrong and after about 30 mins Jai was summoned for her completed paperwork and old passport and in about 10 minutes the job was complete.  They told us it would be ready in about 2 weeks and that they would mail it to Khamnadie.  I was/am a bit sceptical about this but did not really have any other options so will have to wait and see if it ever turns up ...
By the time we get back to the guest house it is nearly time for lunch so we go to a street stall that we used to frequent and buy food borrowing cutlery, plates, dishes etc for the week from the lady who cooks there.
Crash out for a while then take the remaining 12 books that I had brought from Khamnadie to a shop here to sell.  These  were the books that were in best condition and by better known authors and the ones that I thought were most saleable.  I was expecting an offer of 400Baht so was surprised and pleased when they offered me 500.  I never take the money here but take the value in other books.  I leave with 8 more for my collection and a couple of these being two story bumper sized volumes.  In total the 33 books should keep me going for a while.
Bump into an old American guy that I know on the way back to the guest house and we exchange news of others that we both know.  By now very tired I spend the reaminder of the afternoon and evening strecthed out on the bed.
Leave room about 19:30 and go toa  friends bar about 1/2 mile  away.  They had just bought the place when we were here last year but this is the first time that we had seen it open.  Stay here to eat, have a beer and a chat before exhastion takes over and we return to our room about midnight.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: