The tip of the Iceburg..or mountain....

Trip Start Mar 22, 2007
Trip End Apr 01, 2007

Loading Map
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Michigan
Monday, April 2, 2007

As Promised, the trip home was more than I bargained for! I managed to get on the road at a decent coffee yet and I think that the next week of coffee detox will be a hard one. I got to the ferry to get Vicki and we headed to the market for out "last supper" of crab cakes Benedict...whoa!! We practically ran thru the market to get to the flying fish stand and ordered up some seafood to-go! Knowing that we had a couple hours prior to leaving we made it to the airport thinking time was on our side....whoops, not so much! We went into the rental car area to find that my specific rental car company was "off site" good job Steph! So we head 3 miles off the airport to turn in the car after looping what seemed like 10 miles. Vicki and I waited with fish in tow for the bus, and made it to the airport safe......OK so next.... we are checking in and I find myself in the midst of an Asian convention and no one is speaking English. As I am walking away with the boarding pass, this Little Hispanic woman screams out my name, Evidently Schlittler is not the easiest name to say... so I had no idea she was even yelling at me....Guess who's suitcase weighed more than 50 lbs....sure..why not pay 25 bucks for a couple extra lbs.... By this time we have to hall buns thru the security and as I am slipping on my shoes in preparation for a sprint to the gate, Vicki yells at the security people because they are telling her that she has to surrender the fish..."No Way!" they were telling her that she had to check it or leave it...then after a long look of death...5 seconds...they said she could remove the ice and that would be OK. We figure since the flight is like 4 hours and one of my purchases was frozen, it will be we make it through and the next thing I know the announcer calls out "last call for Flight 250 to Detroit" CRAP! We sprint to the tram....and open to a 3 tier escalator that leads to our gate....I am taking two steps at a time with a heavy carry-on and not exactly the longest legs on Earth...thanks mom and dad. So we get to the top and I am yelling at the people that are closing the door that we are  "COMING!!!!!" Aha, we make it....just barely..I am panting and thinking that the people are gonna be pissed on the plane....well they all seemed nice until...I get to my seat. I am supposed to be by the window and there in my seat is a couple that looks like Boris and Natasha from Rocky and Bullwinkle. Only thing different...the body types were reversed...this man had on a black fedora and black aviator glasses (the entire flight)..she with her leopard glasses and big purse.....I said that I would sit on the isle so as to not inconvenience them,  Guess they were not picking up what I was laying down. After a problem with communication I was sitting on the isle....Now, before taking off we are on the run way and the lovely couple needs to eat....these gourmet sandwiches that according to her were slopped with "too much Dijon". can you guess where they were going??? France.....damn frogs! So his lunch carry-on is loping into my seat and they are continuing to be little snuggle bunnies and smoochie woochie thru the first 10 minutes of the flight. I go about my reading and try to get comfortable and was there until he needed to pee.....ok..this is going to be a long flight.... he returns and gets the munchies....I smell something that is vinegar like....oh why not take your shoes off.....And there is a new smell....limburger cheese....why not.. The flight attendant actually asked him to put it away because it was bothering other passengers. Thank you NWA! So as we get thru the clouds, Mt. Rainer is visible except that I cannot see it thru their heads.....she took my camera and took the picture included on my album. The rest of the flight was filled with smelly feet, potty breaks every 45 minutes and lets not forget the intermittent snacking. I do manage to doze off for a few and was waken then the flight attendant rammed her "snack cart" into my noggin. This trip is the best ever! As you all know, when the plane arrives, we should stay sitting and wait...why everyone needs to stand up is beyond me. This couple thinks that I am moving slow...geez peeps, I have a purse that this not push. Now mind you during this entire thing Vicki is sitting one row over and could see the entire thing.  We got off the plane and I had to GO BAD! We got to the bathroom....whew that is better...oh wait no TP......ok, get handed some under the stall....go to stand up and CRACK...nail the back of my head on the little purse holder....someone get me home......We went to the carousel for our bags and mine comes out wet...why not....I find my parents and I am on my way home. Thank God! I get home to find my super excited dog ready to wrestle and I proceed to lay awake and think about what...the 3 hour time difference.
  Lets just say this morning was a little rough! But now I am at the office with coffee at arms length and things are just peachy!!!
  Thanks for reading...I hope you enjoyed my trip as much as I did!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: