A morning run and green faces..BIG WAVES

Trip Start Feb 28, 2006
Trip End Mar 16, 2006

Loading Map
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Hawaii
Monday, March 13, 2006

Well this may have been one of these most eventful days of my trip. We got up at 4, yes A.M and got ready to head out for some off shore fishing. Well I was loading the car (barefoot) and was in and out of the house quite a few times. Ok, so as we are getting ready to leave Amiee opens the door and yelps! There was a spider that was about the size of my palm on the ground, on the rug that I had been walking on. So we have zero gull to step on it for fear that it flies or something. I mean come on at that early in the morning not all motors are geared up. So we get the roach and ant spray out and Amiee shoots it. Well it seriously charges for us, we go screaming in the garage and I manage to get in the car with Amiee without colliding and getting eaten by the spider. So we left the garage as is and headed to the dock. We made a quick stop at McDonalds and got to the Dock shortly after 5:30am. So I meet Capt. Joe who has lived in Hawaii since 78 and runs this charter himself. Amiee knows him from when they worked at the docks together. Nice Guy! So we board the 47ft fishing boat and meet our other happy fishers. Stanley is the deck hand that is a giant Hawaiian Rasta that is so nice. There was a family there as well. They were from Texas, wearing trucker hats that said "Hang Loose" and Hawaiians print shirts. Had I been thinking I would have gotten one to finish off the Magnum P.I. look. So his son who looks like he is maybe 12 is actually 19 and I think has a growing problem, poor dear. Well Mama came from the bathroom in her flowered bikini top and matching shorts with a full out Mr. T starter kit and about 11 rings on her hand....I know. So this sets out to be fun. Now Amiee wrote an article about Joe so we went along for free. Well I got what I bargained for. We left from Pearl Harbor and I got to see the sun rise over Diamond Head Mt. (see pixs). It was nice and getting a bit rough from the get go. I got to sit on the bridge with Amiee and Capt. Joe while we cleared the channel. Well little did I know that we were headed about ummmm 20 miles off shore to the deeper waters...hence deep sea fishing. Let me tell you when you are cruising over water that is a mile deep, it makes you think about Nelly In Scotland. So logic makes me think that it is will get calmer the farther out...NOPE. So Joe heads to the east cause that is good fishing over there and more calm. Well, I think that the wind was out of the East (unusual yes) and the waves were about 12 ft and I was flashing scenes of The Perfect Storm in my head. About this time it hits me that I have to pee or shi-shi if you are Hawaiian. So I head down to the cabin, and yep it stinks and I am already a bit queezy. Well I hover as fast as possible. I took a quick bath in purel cause you gotta hang on to something in there or else. So I get back on the bridge and Amiee is sleeping, so I lay down to sleep too...maybe...Not so much I nearly get tossed a few times and you try sleeping with one hand on the railing and one foot wedged in between the cushions. Actually right now I can tell that I will be a sore in the morning. FINALLY, we get a bite, I ask how they find the fish...well they look for birds. Kinda hard huh is the waves are taller than the boat! So we got a Mahi Mahi and the little man reeled it in. He was pumped and so was his daddy (huck pew)! They take picture and I return to my tossing bed. Well I manage for a bit, but about half way through I look up to find Joe asking if I am ok cause I a looking a little green. I manage to crawl down the ladder and hook my arms around it and throw my head overboard and let the fishes have my mcdonalds. Yeah, graphic I am sorry. So mama comes over and hands me a pink thing and told me to take it, I thought it was an altoid at first and I could use a minty burst of freshness at that point. Well after a few sips of water I toss it again. So I was looking hot with wind blown pig tails, salt water rapidly drying on my face from the wave that nailed me when I was yacking and there is this family sitting there watching me. Bless there hearts. I saw Dad get up and leave his bench and I crawled up there and that is where I stayed until we were in the channel about 2 hours later. I think I slept like45-50 minutes at the most and was not sure if I drooled or if it was one of the many waves that crashed in on me during my "nap". Oh and did I mention that they all smoked, yeah was doing great with that in my face and being queezy. The only saving grace was that shorty whacked a can of skoal on his hand and I turned immediately when I smelled it. Ahh, sick how that smelled good to me. Miss you guys!!!
So We got into the harbor and Joe gave me a hand getting back on the bridge. I got a personal tour of Pearl Harbor and saw these huge cement blocks that were said to have been the attachments for the nets that were put up when that Japs attacked to keep their subs out of the Harbor. I saw where they ran ships ashore to keep them from sinking and blocking the harbor. There was the Towers and Buildings used in the filling of the Movie Pearl Harbor. He said that they could not tear them down because they are historical monuments. I guess that there are still bullet hole in some of the panes of glass there. I got to go by the USS Utah and see its rusty remains sticking out of the harbor as well as other ships and subs that were there. It was awesome and then it struck me that I was hungry and thirsty and the only thing that sounded good was Chinese. Good thing that Amiee talked me out of that one. We got to shore and got our pics with the fish and Stanley the Rasta filleted the fish and gave us some for dinner. We said our good byes and headed to the store for Mahi fixins!
we got home and I was so salty I almost felt like my whole body had been botoxed cause my skin was so tight. I took a shower, tried to eat some fish (it was sooo good) but I was feeling yucky again. I went up to talk on the phone and sure enough a fricking gecko is crawling on the wall next to my head. needless to say I had a hissy and sat in the next room while Amiee came and took it outside. I am a baby when I feel crappy. So here I am filling you in and getting ready for bed. I only have 3 more days and so much to do.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: