It wasn't me!

Trip Start May 17, 2013
Trip End May 30, 2013

Loading Map
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of China  , Shanghai,
Thursday, May 23, 2013

I sure to hope that most, if not all of you, enjoyed yesterdays post. I am still laughing about it. Well, until I woke up this morning swearing at Lucy! I as feeling a bit "toight", but much more relaxed! This morning I went to breakfast with Marlin and was given the task to pack. We are switching Hotels when he gets back from work. We will be headed to Old Shanghai to be closer to the tourist things this weekend. I thought I would head up and get things started and in the mean time the elevators were taking some time. Finally one arrived and I stepped in after a school of asians departed...I walked in and before I could turn around and walk out the doors shut. Oh dear GOD! Someone pooped themselves in this Otis. I was choking back dry heaves and then the elevator stopped...the doors opened and in walks a man that looks like the handsome Mr. Bronsnan. I stopped breathing due to the flumes of poo and the doors close again. I see him take a deep breath and he snaps his head up and looks at me in the mirror of the elevator. I said nothing, I swear it wasn't me, but I felt like crawling under a rock. Damn you, you crop dusting Asians. The 12th floor arrived in what felt like 10 minutes, and I departed.GROSS!
I had a good morning and got everything all packed up. I hit the gym and maybe ran into Mr. Handsome again, this time I did stink. Sorry dude! I got up the nerve to head out today. I walked an entire block! Yep it felt like 10 blocks and I never crossed the street. I was concentrating on not stepping in yucky stuff and not getting run over by the mopeds that were held together with duct tape. It's a good look though! I went into the electronics mall next door. I was amazed at 4 floors of aisles of iPhones, iPads, computers and cameras and every other accessory you can imagine! I did not take any pictures because I was told they can be "sensitive" to that kind of stuff. I think I was in there 15 minutes and the place was a bit too much stimulation for this girl. I walked out and checked out the 7-11. Not to shabby but everyone was wearing masks and they were taking what looked like inventory. I debated about getting sushi and dried fish...just kidding. One thing I will say is that at the front entrance of all the markets I went into, Birth Control was front and center. I guess the law that they can only have 1 kid is in full effect!
I walked down the street to the jewelry stores and even stopped outside DQ, Mc Donald's and a Place that I think was a Bruce Lee Museum. I'll stop there next time and actually go inside. I did notice that everyone was staring at me and one man stopped and pointed at my calves. Well this is a sure sign that if Marlin and I have kids they will be doomed to have ridiculous calves. I did go to the Mall though. Yep, it was a FOOD MALL! I must have walked around for 30 min just looking at all he colors and shapes and smells. They have most of it pre packaged and there is even an "meat Counter" where they fry up "squares of meat". What kind of meat? I have no idea. People were staring at me taking pictures, so what! I got some good shots and ended up in a small both and bought some salty snacks. Apparently the Red Wings play at 800am here on Friday morning, so we are hosting a little gathering to watch it on Marlin's sling box. I wonder if there is a place near by to get Bloody Mary mix?
As I was done with the shopping I walked past think place that looked like Orange Julius and saw they had Bubble Tea. Now for those of you that have never had it, well it is an acquired taste. They opened a place in Davenport, IA at Northpark Mall and that was my first experience. I think that this time I basically pointed and prayed that it did not have cinnamon and did not taste like "chilled monkey brains" (Insert classic Indiana Jones). Whoa....It was really good. It was black tea with milk...and good froth and green tea soaked tapioca that you drank up using a ginormous straw. Score! I made my way back to the hotel and my comfort zone and was greeted by Marlin. He took a taxi to the hotel to pick me up and move to Poushi (Old Shanghai). We were both hungry so we hit up the Turkish Fast Food stand and had a meatball wrap that basically tasted like a junior cheeseburger deluxe from Wendy's in a flour wrap. We took our food and headed via taxi to the new hotel. The ride was a loud zig zag of a track with horns blazing and back roads of people jumping in front of the taxi and then there was a smell. It wasn't me! IT was stinky tofu and I can promise that I will not be eating that. marlin says it tastes like it smells. (dry heave).
We arrived at the hotel and it is beautiful and very posh. There are walls of Marble and people running around in uniforms that look like zebra stripes. We were escorted to the lobby for check in and our room is on the 39th floor overlooking the park. It is beautiful and there are TREES!! You can see multi-level highways whizzing by and horns are just as loud of the 39th floor as they are on the 12th! We got settled and met Pete and Nicole in the Champagne Room...that is what they call their bar. It had pink leather couches and I ordered a cocktail that was YUUUMMMMMY! Champagne, pineapple juice and vodka. We met up with the Tabor's and hit the streets. It was a cross between Vegas and NYC. Lights were bright, sounds were loud and there were multiple pockets of......DANCE PARTIES! Yep it was like flash mobs all over and they were getting down. Most of the women were older and even men were dancing too. People would stop and stare at us as we walked by and even were taking pictures of us. I embraced my inner diva and have decided I will just stop and pose next time! We walked to the water front and wiggled into the masses of people and got some pics of the foggy skyline. It was a bit humid and chaffing had set in. This was supposed to be a little stroll for dinner and instead the night ended up being a Shanghai 5K. Really happy I wore that skirt! We headed to a Restaurant called New Heights. I initially looked to be closed, but we went up anyway and ended up getting a table for 6 on the roof top deck. The night cleared off due to the full moon that will be present tomorrow night and the view got even better. We must have been there 3 hrs and the wait staff kept bringing us rounds of drinks because of the delay! Um, ok! All the food was good, I had mushroom soup with herbs and we split the French for 2. It was veal and potatoes in a dutch over with a white cheese sauce...Whoa! We wrapped the night up and headed back to the hotel. On our way back, the lights were being shut down and people were sparse. There were pockets of dancers still and mostly younger kids wandering around. I know that once we were in the room, I did not last long...I was exhausted and knew that I had to be up and ready to watch the wings play in the morning!! G'night all!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


mom n dad xo on

have a great weekend! love the part with people looking at your calves..stike a pose!

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: