Day 6: Panama City and Tallahassee

Trip Start Mar 25, 2012
Trip End Mar 30, 2012

Flag of United States  , Florida
Friday, March 30, 2012

Today I got up early and headed over to Pier Park in Panama City. It was nice because none of the shops were open so there were no people around. There are a lot of restaurants and it seems like it could be a nice place during the summertime. The Pier is cool but you have to pay just to walk out onto it (only $2, but why should you have to pay). The sand was the really soft white gulf beach sand and reminded me of Siesta Key and there was a pelican that kept diving into the water to grab fish.

After I was done here, I drove 2 hours to Tallahassee. There isn't much to do or see here. The main street where the capitol is is way too busy to walk down and has A LOT of traffic. The only other thing to see is FSU and it's nothing to brag about. I drove to Alfred B. Maclay Gardens because I needed to kill a few hours before my flight. It was kind of a waste of time. I had to pay $6 to get into the Gardens (if you can even call them that). There were no flowers anywhere, except for ones in pots along the walkways. There was a nice pond with trees around it and the hanging moss and there was also a nice fountain area, but other than that it pretty much sucked. It wasn't really worth the $6 to get in.

After I left here, I drove to the airport. The Tallahassee airport is REALLY weird. First of all, when I rented the car from Enterprise, they didn't even walk through with me to check the car for scratches. They just gave me the keys and told me it was in the parking lot. When I returned the car, I just parked it in the designated space, went inside and gave them the key. They didn't do a final walk-through or anything. I've rented a lot of cars, especially when I worked for George Mason, and I've never had Enterprise just give me the key and not do a walk-through. Second of all, I got there a little early to get through security. Well, there was only 1 person in front of me and it took me all of 5 minutes to get through security and walk 100 feet to my gate. There is only the A Terminal (to the right) or the B Terminal (to the left). Very weird airport. But I guess it's convenient that it's not that busy.

It was sad to leave the south. I had a great time, but I was definitely ready to go home. I feel like the places I saw were a one time thing. The only place I would really want to see again would be New Orleans. It's a photographers dream! Maybe one day soon, Josh and I can plan a trip there!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: