Maggie - Magnetic Island

Trip Start Apr 07, 2007
Trip End May 24, 2007

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  ,
Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Tuesday 1st May.

We left Cairns today. We caught the GreyHound bus at 9am and set off on our journey to Townsville. It was about 5hours on the coach but it flew by. And it was pretty cool that Chris (who we room shared with in Cape Trib) was on our bus. It was nice to see him again.

Once we arrived in Townsville we caught a ferry over to Magnetic Island. The boat only takes about 20mins and once we landed we caught a taxi to our hostel - Base. We wern't staying in a dorm though, oh no, we had a teepee! It was just to beds in a tent that was raised off the ground. No lights. No power. And our beds were pretty much sunbeds. SAFE!

We didn't do much for the rest of the day as we arrived pretty late, but there was a cool dude who was playing live music in the bar so we watched him from the decking by the beach. We also sat on the beach and watched the crabs playing in the sand. We had an early night but we spotted a cute little Possom sitting in a tree. He was adorabubble.

Wednesday 2nd May.

Exactly 3weeks left now!

We got up early and walked to Nelly Bay where we went shopping for luncheon. Rolls. We then caught a bus to Horseshoe bay where we got a-walking to a nudist beach. (Highfive anyone?) It was about 30mins walk and when we got there it was deserted, except for one naked man walking out of the sea (teehee). We sat down - NOT NAKED and had a bit of a sunbathe and a splash in the sea. We couldn't swim as it's still goddamn jelly(fish) season. Damn Stingers.

When we realised we had run out of drinking water we walked back to Horseshoe Bay where we got a drinkie. It was also awesome to see about seven wild black cockatoos.

They were stunning and really quite tame and got some great pictures off them. We sat about in the shade for a while and then caught the bus back to our hostel. We relaxed in our Teepee for a bit and then had some dinner. Had another early night as there wasn't so much to do and the walking had made us sleepy. There were lots of possoms by our teepee before bed and Freya nearly had a hernia she was so excited by them. Oh also during the day Stef had been macho (how rare) and cut up some coconuts we found lying about. That's what the possoms were eating. WE ALSO made a milky Joe. Hardcore. Before sleeping we sang lots of Boosh songs and the SCAT MAN!

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: