Barcelona & beach time

Trip Start Jun 05, 2013
Trip End Aug 20, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

, Catalonië,
Monday, June 10, 2013

We got up and after having breakfast (Luis had to get up early to bring his car to the garage) we took the train which is next to the beach to Barcelona. We visited Parc Güell which is great off course, relaxed and a mix off art, music and vegetation with beautiful views and amazingly still for free. After having grabbed a sandwich we took the metro to Plaza Catalunya and walked direction the Ramblas on the way we saw Gaudi's Casa Batlo. We walked down the Ramblas, into the Mercado Boqueria (which is great to eat) and onto the plaza Real and finishing behind the statue of Columbus on the port where we laid down in the sun on the wooden pier (all made for the Olympics of '92) and had our fruit salad that we bought at the market. We waited for Luis to join us around half past 6 and than walked through Barcelonetta to Born, another part of Barcelona with great little streets, lots of café's, restaurants and bars. We were going to meet Nuria, Luis' girlfriend at the tapa's restaurant Mosquito to have dinner. On the way we visited a beautiful church Santa Maria del Mar. Nuria arrived around 20:15 and after we all talked and got to know eachother a bit better (we found out that Nuria is a nice, intelligent girl) and we ordered the tapa's quickly 'cause we were all starving, we'll never get used to the Spanish dinner time :-) After dinner we went back and to bed after a real nice day and evening.

11th of June.
We got up had breakfast and went for some shopping to get food for the next two days. As we had dinner two nights in a row outside we'll have to be carefully to stay within our budget, we still have 3 months to go !!!
After shopping we walked to the beach and sat in a little bar on the beach, really great, we could get used to living here, near to the beach and Barcelona !! After a beautiful day at the beach and some walks to the port we had some nibbles in another beach bar and walked back to the apartment to prepare for dinner and wait for Luis and Nuria. They arrived around 8 and we had a fun dinner together.

After breakfast and some shopping we went to the beach café and had a café con leche and juice and spend our time reading our Kindle's. Really cool beach here. Around 4 Luis joined us with David and Miguel who had become so much bigger since we had seen them last 3 years ago. After having fun playing in the sand and half burying daddy Luis we walked back to the apartment and had a spaghetti evening. As we were having our spaghetti the little boys must have gotten out of their beds and gone to the room where we were sleeping. They went through our luggage and my toilet stuff where they found half a box of motilium which they ate. When Luis heard some noise he went to have a look and found out. We panicked a bit and went straight to the pediatric emergency. They told us it wouldn't really do anything but would give them a product which would stop the absorbing of the medicine. Well that was easier said than done, after 2 hours David managed to drink the cup of carbon something but Miguel didn't want to at first. Only after they had tried it going through the nostrils which didn't work, they managed to make him so worried that they would try again that he did it, poor kids. After that they had to stay the night to be monitored and checked the morning after. So at 1:30 I took a taxi to get back to the apartment.


Woken up by my mother's phone call at half past 7, apparently just to check if her phone worked again as there was a blackout with UPC she said, made me jump off course as she never phones me on my gsm, especially at this time !! Ahhhh, old people .......
An hour later Luis came back with the kids, gladly everything was ok, they were all very tired but healthy. So we waited 'till they had breakfast and ready to go to school. Than Luis came back and we had breakfast and we organized our luggage and put it downstairs. Luis left after he promised to come visit us in September. Than I started the Van and ..... nothing ! F... I left the lights on ! What an idiot. There I found out that the Spaniards are not the most helpful people !
It took me more than hour to persuade someone to use their battery of their car to use my starting cables. By the time we could leave it was 11:30. Good lesson, that won't happen again !!!!!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


Veronique en Didier on

Hoi Andrea en Stefano,

Hoe fijn om opnieuw een blog aan te maken. In tegenstelling tot jullie uitjes in Thailand, Cambodja,...zijn deze verslagen en klinken de plaatsjes precies toch wat meer gekend bij ons. Barça is super hé. Buenas noches!

Vanessa on

Jajajaja menudo tontito! :-)

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: