Back to Mokpo!

Trip Start Aug 10, 2012
Trip End Aug 31, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Korea Rep.  , South Jeolla,
Saturday, March 30, 2013

Well I wanted to take the 2 am train to Mokpo. It was the only one that would get me to the ferry on time. Three hours early.

So, at home, I went to bed early and tried to sleep but I was woken up by a man yelling at my door. Then, I went for a pee and immediately, my landlady started ringing my doorbell.

Ringringringringring IM PEEING!
Ringringringringring ..... Ringrigringggg WAIT! GOD!
Ringringringringring .... I opened the door, WHAAATTTTT????

Internet! Password! ID!

Ok what is it?

My Internet broke yesterday, she brought me some passwords that fixed it. Ok bed now!

Two more hours of sleep until I had to get up and catch the train. I caught it at 2 am and got to Mokpo at around 4 am. I tried to walk as slowly as possible to the ferry terminal, but I only got there at 4:30... So, I sat there with hot water in my water bottle, freezing. I was happy they had that hot water dispenser there, anyway! At around 5:30 a Korean man wanted me to teach him English. I had nothing else to do, so I did. I actually happened to have flash cards with me (forgot to take them out of my bag), so we played with those haha. Then he decided he wanted to come to Huksan do with me instead of Hong-do, like he had planned. No prob, I guess. Kidnapped again, yet another weekend in Korea.

When we got there we hiked up the mountain, took some pictures and then kept going. We were getting hungry and we found a sign for a restaurant. The restaurant wasn't there anymore though. The man who told us the restaurant wasn't there anymore, also told us the bus wasn't coming for another hundred hours.

We didn't want to go back the way we came, so we just kept going, even though the island is pretty big. We knew we'd never make it back on time, but, our next plan was to hitch hike. We immediately caught a ride with some fisherman, and then another one with some tour bus, who brought us back to the harbour. The cliffs, winding roads and rocky islands were breathtaking. Once we got to the harbour the bus driver demanded 10,000 won. Uhhh ok, why didn't he say when we first got in? I dunno.

My kidnapper, Aun Yun Gil bought me a big lunch and before we knew it, it was time to catch the boat home. We slept the whole way back home.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


yun gil on

pictures so exciring haha

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: