Piknic Electronik

Trip Start Aug 21, 2008
Trip End Aug 25, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed

Flag of Canada  , Quebec,
Sunday, August 24, 2008

Today was the day for Piknic Electronik, so we headed back to Jean Drapeau Park. We took all our stuff with us, because it would be easier to leave later on.
Ghostbeard was playing, and I thought I had heard of his name before, later I found out why.
On the way to the island, we stopped for breakfast, at a way better breakfast place called "Tous les Jours" on Mont-Royal and Papineau. Way better than Cora's. Then we went shopping for our picnic that we would bring to the party.
We got there two hours early and people were still setting up, so I took a nap under a tree by a pond. Sooooo pretty and relaxing.
The music started pretty soon after, and it was OK. It was hot and sticky, so I stuck to a little patch of shade under a big art installation. The first DJ was playing mostly house-type music (not exactly my favourite), so I just kept a low profile for a while. But Ghostbeard, oh man, when he started spinning, the dancefloor became packed. I KNEW I had heard of him before. He played a whole bunch of remixed reggae oldies like "Romie" and "Murder She Wrote" mmmmmmmmmwah!

You know you know those songs:

Just amazing. His set was two hours long and Keith and I danced barefeet under the shadow of the structure for pretty much the whole time. The next DJ was not so good, but it was OK. We ate dinner/lunch? and then slowly went home. It had been sprinkling the whole day, so we didn't think much of it when it started raining a little bit on the way to the motocyclette. Suddenly, the rain came down in a big downpour. We decided to get a hotel for the night in Laval, where the rates are cheaper. The Econolodge had a room, but I didn't realize how far it was outside of town. We were driving in the pouring rain and it sucked big time. By the time we got to the hotel, it had stopped. Keith looked in his jacket and couldn't find his glasses. He figured he left them at a pizza place that we stopped at on the way. We couldn't remember the name of the restaurant, so calling them was out. I had no choice, I had to go look for Keith's glasses alone, in the middle of the night because

a) Keith had no motorcycle licence
b)It's faster for me to drive by myself  and 
c) We had to leave early in the morning

I was sooooo tired, I wanted to cry. But I went anyway, I rode the motorcycle halfway back downtown and the pizza place was closed! I memorized the number and figured I'd probably have to abandon Keith, sans glasses in a strange city, at least for the rest of Monday.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


jacques on

Great music! ! !

starlagurl on

Re: Muzik!
Haha! Yeah it was awesommmmmmme. I loved it so much.

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: