Wednesday Evening in Fort Bragg

Trip Start Jun 18, 2008
Trip End Jun 21, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , California
Thursday, June 19, 2008

After we settled into our hotel we decided to grab some food.  Austin really wanted pizza and we saw Round Table on the way into town.  Thinking there may be a place to eat on the busy street behind the hotel, we peeked out of the back window and the first thing I noticed was the Farmer Brothers Coffee truck outside.  Why does this matter?  Well it really didn't matter except to me because an old family friend used to work for this company in San Diego.  But back to the point- We also saw a local pizza place right behind our room called D'Aurelio & Sons Pizza (sounds very authentic huh?).  After checking out the reviews online from our room, we decided that we can have pizza from a place like Roundtable anytime so we chose the local place which was a very short walk across the street.

The food: Incredible! Amazing Garlic Bread, thick homemade crust, extra cheese, fresh ingredients.  The pizza was so filling that one piece was enough for a full meal and it lasted all three days in our mini fridge.  The atmosphere was very nice and the people were very friendly.

To work off some of the calories we consumed, Austin and I decided to take a late night swim at the indoor heated swimming pool.  We spent almost 2 hours in the pool and spa and practically had the place to ourselves. 
For whatever reason Austin and I could not fall asleep once back in the room.  This room actually had a separate bedroom with a closet, TV, and twin bed which Austin and I shared.  The girls shared the King bed in the main room of course.  Both beds were very hard and we sure were glad to get a good night's sleep once home from the trip.  Austin and I found it so difficult to sleep the first night that we were up until almost 4:00 a.m. in the morning.  We watched TV for a while, then listened to the ipod, then we viewed photos on the ipod, then back to TV.  Nothing seemed to help including the loud street behind us.  Although it was quite fun that night hanging out, we were very tired when Syd woke us up at 8:00 a.m. just four hours later.......
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: