Sexy gauchos, asados, and so much more.
Trip Start Jun 09, 2010
16Trip End Jul 25, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
Moving on, the ranch was absolutely beautiful. They have 28 horses, there are antiques placed all around the rooms, and it truly had a homey feel. There were 2 other couples staying there while we were, and there were a bunch of people doing half days on the ranch as well. The best part of the experience though was our time with the horses and with Ricardo (our beautiful and humble gaucho). We rode 2 and a half hours in the morning, came back for lunch (meat, of course), and then rode for a few hours in the afternoon. Aside from the beautiful trails and incredible views of the mountains, here are a few stand out moments from the ranch:
1. We rode through town as if it was completely normal. Besides Ricardo tipping his hat to locals, no one even took a second glance at us. It truly felt like we were in a country movie (could it be the three musketeers?)
2. We saw the fattest, largest, most grotesque pig known to man. It would have seriously been a main attraction at a county fair. See the picture...gross
3. We galloped! Meredith sat perfectly in her upright position, Samantha nearly peed her pants because she couldn't stop laughing (and was all over the place).
4. We rode by a field that grows beans. Ricardo now knows the bean song.
5. Lastly, it was an incredibly relaxing and special day. We are quite lucky - once again, a day of great people, beautiful places, and a lot of horribly embarrassing and great memories.
Off to Salta!