Sex Machines and a therapeutic clean

Trip Start Mar 22, 2010
Trip End Jun 10, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Czech Republic  , Hlavní Mesto Praha,
Sunday, June 6, 2010

Well, couldn’t believe it was our last full day in Hans Bubi. Rach woke for a theraputic organise. Me thinks she is going a bit nuts, wanting to pull everything out. As usual, Rach has no idea where to actually start, so a cup of tea to ponder the situation sounds a fantastic idea. There is still plenty of food stuffs for us to make our way through, so breakfast was a mishmash of left overs to get through. At least there is no sign of rain, a beautiful early summer morning.

After breakfast, we got organised on the bikes and made our way into town. No gut busting hill today. Apart from having to fight with the rest of the traffic, the ride was ok. We had decided to park the bikes in the same spot in a side street a few hundred metres from the square and make our way across to the Sex Machines museum. We had spotted the brochure at the camp ground and thought it would be a bit of a laugh.

After making our way in, we check out the ‘vintage porn’, a Spanish film from the 1920s who ‘plot’ consisted of a doctor who abuses his female patients. The doctor's wife takes revenge by sleeping with his servant and maid. Wow, plot development hasn’t improved much in the last 90 years. After the film, we headed for the exhibitions and the various array of implements. Some of it is pretty much what yo9u would expect, vibrators, dildos etc, Then there were the chastity belts and anti masturbation devices, enough to make you wince with all those nails and spikes. All around the walls were various patent applications for sexual devices. Just about everything you could think of and some you couldn’t. from amusing to gruesome. Clitoris pincers (aka a pair of pliers), a steam operated vibrator (actually used to treat hysteria) and various anti masturbation devices. Rach described it as ‘great’, but wasn’t much fussed on the gimp outfits and gigantic butt plugs.

After our fill of sex machines, we headed off to a micro brewery for some lunch. Once we got away from the tourist strip, it was surprisingly quiet, albeit it was a Sunday morning. The microbrewery, Pivovarsky Dum looked a bit more like a chic restaurant than a brewery, although brewing kettles probably give it away. We settled in and decided to try a couple of tasting paddles of the local brew, considering there was everything from champagne beer, nettle beer, banana beer and coffee beer. Tip, stick to the Czech pilseners and lagers. Why mess with something that isn’t broke. For the record, champagne beer tasted like the evil beer the Waratah boys used to brew in their laundry (and we know what happened after a few of those), the coffee beer was ok, but would prefer a real coffee And the nettle beer…awful. Anyway, the other major amusement was Rach’s obsession with the hair style of one of the waitresses. She was busily snapping away photos and looked all the world like a stalker.

After our beers and a bite, we headed back to the National Museum and a quick dowsing in the fountain (it was starting to get hot….) before heading back towards the Town Square. Along the way, we came across a market full of small stalls and stopped to pick up some Prague gifts. Deciding it was still too early to head back to the camp, and too hot remain outdoors, we headed for a little place we had seen on the walking tour for a beer. The place was a warren of small cave like rooms with chairs covered in animal skins and a very medieval/Viking feel to it. We had a couple of beers and a quiet reminisce about our time in Europe and what a fantastic time we have had. Eventually it was time to pull up stumps and head back to the camp ground, after procuring a few beers along the way of course.

We got back to the camp ground at around 4.30pm and set about emptying out the van of our 3 months worth of adventure. Rach offloaded most of our leftover food stuffs on a group of New Zealanders, who most pleased to have real tea and jam. A huge pile of stuff proceeded to mounded up next to the van. After several hours of sorting and cleaning the van, we had managed to get the mess into some semblance of order, but there was still too much to take home with us. With Rach in a bit of a panic, we came up with the plan to offload most of it tomorrow when we get back to Dresden (trust the German postal service a bit more than the Czech). In spite of having downed our beers, we were still thirsty when we finished packing up after 8 o’clock, so it was back around to the tavern at the front of the camp ground for a quiet beer and more reminiscing. We were now ready for the drive back to Dresden. 

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: