Greyhound Bus 3 - The Longest Journey Ever

Trip Start Jun 01, 2010
Trip End Jul 02, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Greyhound Bus

Flag of United States  , Colorado
Saturday, June 12, 2010

So i woke up quite groggy last nights events weren't good police were everywhere as something happened a couple floors below me; there was banging screaming shouting everything you would find in a motel on the road.

Not getting the ticket yesterday was foolish, the guy said that the bus was full but i could try to get on 10 Min's into the ride and OMG yep the bus crashed into a ravine no not rally but close to it we had aquaplaned into a car and onto a pavement only being stopped by the barrier that could have if it was not there seen a mighty fall down a ravine into well i don't really want to think about it. It was horrible, people were panicking and screaming in disbelief. We were able to get out of the bus for a quick cigi to calm the old nerves, followed by looking above to see a news crew filming the god damn thing oh this is not what i envisaged being on TV for. Luckily, everyone was OK a few went to hospital (although some were trying to get compo by the sounds of it) the emergency services were a great help, really nice and kind and offered me anything i wanted, a phone call home, to call the embassy... not particular with telling anyone just yet but it got us all talking in a large group and once again i should have taken photos. I felt so sorry for the driver, 17 years not one crash and although he wasn't hurt you could see that he was in shock but greyhound company told him he had to continue (What idiots), so today i got to ride in an ambulance on the I25 in Denver, CO.

By the time we got another bus we were at least 8 hours behind schedule meaning i might not be able to get to Bandera TX to Mayan Dude Ranch. This couple that were with us from the start got talking and made me feel really welcomed into the country, and i was pretty much with them throughout the whole trip. There were a couple of guys who freaked me out started to take the mickey out of my accent repeating everything i said in an English accent that sound far too posh ( i don't talk like that do i). We eventually around midnight got into Amarillo TX which is where we get transferred. As we arrived into the Texan state we were given a tornado warning and a huge rainstorm was upon us. This bus depot was an absolute dump but we eventually got on our transfer but was told that we were being diverted to Dallas Fort Worth adding an extra 5hours onto my trip. Once again, the bus was full and i sat next to this huge giant man gave me some great tips for Montana and South Dakota, he was a kind giant and a biker too so we had much to talk about.

After making it through all the upheaval throughout the journey when we finally stopped in Dallas i broke down, i was tired and feared that my plans to go to this dude ranch; something that i really wanted experience here in America were going, well belly up. After 36 hours on a bus after a crash and just wanting a shower i was able with the help of the staff at Dallas bus depot get onto a bus heading for San Antonio just in the nick of time to get an Avis hired car, although once again not having a credit card became an issue DAD to the RESCUE (thanks again !!!!!)
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: