Que Paso?!

Trip Start Jun 28, 2006
Trip End Aug 06, 2006

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Chile  ,
Sunday, July 23, 2006

So this weekend was not so great. Nothing much happened, but I didnīt really get to do anything because I had a stomach ache all day yesterday. Iīm not sure from what, becuase it started hurting in the middle of the day when all I had eaten was a banana and some bread. So, I dunno, but this morning it felt better for the most part. Anyways, that was kind of upsetting because my friends went out last night to this club called Huevo that is supposed to be really cool. And my Chilean parents also went out to a different club called La Piedra Feliz, which has a bar, one room for Tango, one room for Salsa/Merengue, and another room which is like a normal disco. But alas, I had to sleep and get better. Maybe I will go next weekend. I donīt have much planned for this week, which is strange since it is my last week. I might go sandboarding, becuase I never actaully got around to that. And my friend Patti and I might go to la Isla Negra to visit Pablo Nerudaīs house. Hopefully on Friday or Saturday I will also be able to make it to the casino, becuase that is one of the main attractions in Viņa. Those are the main things I want to do this week, but I actually donīt have that much time, becuase I am leaving in about a week for Buenos Aires, and then back home! Itīs all gone so fast! Anyways, before I got sick, I was having a good time. Wednesday Stevie and I went to this Archeological museum, which was cool becuase weīve been learning about the history of Chile in class. They also had a statue of a Moais outside the building! The Moais are those statues that the indigenous people of la Isla Pascua (Easter Island) built. The island belongs to Chile but it is really expensive to travel over there to see them, so it was nice to see one in the museum. Although, it was not nearly as big as some of the ones on the island. After the museum I went with my class to visit an orphanage which housed about 25 orphans. The kids were all less than 2, and they were so cute. They all looked pretty healthy and chubby :). The one kid I spent most of my time with was names Victor and he was a mischevious little baby! When we got there we played for a little while, but he got tired and fell asleep on my shoulder, haha. Then it was dinner time, but I couldnīt wake him up, even the nannies couldnīt wake him up. He was essentially just pretending to be asleep in order to cause problems. After about 10 minutes we got him to open his eyes, but it took me about 20 minutes longer to feed him than it took anyone else, becuase he was so distracted and troublesome. By the end we became friends, and I helped put him to sleep. It was sad and fun all at once, so hopefully I will be able to go back this Thursday one more time. On Friday we didnīt have school, instead we went skiing and it was so fun! There were about 10 of us, and we took a van to the Andes, which are about an hour and a half away. We drove through Santiago, which is a gorgeous, well developed, and well maintained city, and lies right at the foot of the Andes. The drive up was slightly scary becuase it was all snowy and icy, and our driver was trying to pass other people driving up the mountain. Anyways, we made it to Valle Nevado and it was beautiful! There was so much snow and it was freezing!!!! We got blasted with snow and wind in the face a few times, but we managed. And somehow after about 8 years, I still remembered how to ski. I mostly went on the green and blue courses, and a few easy red courses, but one time I accidentally went down a really steep red course. haha. It was slightly frightining, and I was fairly sure I was going to tumble down the slope and crash into someone, but I slowly made my way down. The people there were so good at skiing and snowborading though, it was amazing. And I myself forgot how much fun skiing is!! Now I am incredibly sore since I rarely excersise here, but it was worth it. Well, we were there from about 10 in the morning to 6 at night, so that is probably why I got sick the next day. But today I felt better, so the family and I went to this small farm town called Olmue, which was so cute. We just had lunch there and relaxed. I sometimes wonder if the people who live in these small towns realize how amazingly beautiful their surroudings are. In the states we have lots of money and transportation and everything, but yet I am slightly jealous of how gorgeous the hills these people live on are. Oh well, I guess itīs nice to have warm water and a warm house...:). Ok, well iīve written quite extensivly here, but I think I should probably go do my homework and study now, thrilling, i know. ;). Hope all is well with everyone around the world, let me know how you are :)...take care!
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: