Time for a change

Trip Start Aug 01, 2007
Trip End Aug 01, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Indonesia  , East Nusa Tenggara,
Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Hi all am back doing this blog again after my return to the UK its all from my notes and grey matter so the majority is very accurate as always in content but the dates will only be a rough guide. I last placed an entry when we were heading off from dilli after 11 days spent in east Timor. Myself, Mike and Stefan our new travel companion were starting a trip back through Indonesia towards Bali where we all had flights booked onwards to Malaysia we had a few weeks to get there given our spanking new visas (only 30 days when we really wanted and could have done with 60) the plan was to get back to Kupang and then ferry over to Flores where we would take the trans Flores highway and see what adventures could be had on the way. Back over to kupang was a doodle again 12 hours on the bus at breakneck speed. Its so funny that how by now the sheer recklessness of the drivers in Asia really did not bother me that much you kind of think nothing about hurtling around completely blind corners at 70 plus miles an hour even with traffic coming the other way. I guess we must be toughening up to the road.
Like I said getting to kupang was a doodle leaving proved to be a little more completed due to problems with ferries and planes so we had to sit it out and wait eventually getting onto a ferry bound for laruntoka on the eastern edge of Flores island. We turned up for the ferry and bought a very cheap ticket for deck class only to be told via strange looking stares and little shoves and prods that the locals did not want our sort in with them for the ride. Quite offended we did the natural thing and walked straight into the comfy air con cabin at the front of the ship TV the lot after an hour of sitting in there I really did not fancy the prospect of being turfed back into the previous accommodation which was now twice as packed as before. Soon enough the guard came in and was taking the tickets and we was all thinking shit we are getting turfed here and there was no chance of us getting any seats out the back for the 15 hour ferry ride. When he arrived at us we all handed over our tickets smiled and watched the telly waiting to be busted. The guard stood for a moment or two looking at the 3 of us and walked off leaving us alone truly amazing what European passport and pure cheek can accomplish. The rest of the ride was true comfort apart from the odd bug we all managed to get a sleep and lay down and I think the ferry even got us in early after a pretty smooth sail all was well and the team ready for Flores.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: