A few days thrown together
Trip Start Jul 06, 2010
13Trip End Jul 27, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Things that have happened:
1. Our group missed the 6 A.M. bus to Quepos and had to take a later collective (Rather than a direct) bus. We stood for about the first 2 hours of the 5 hour ride.
2. We made it to Manuel Antonio National Park. We saw two types of monkeys, iguanas, and a sloth.
3. We hiked to Playa Escondido (Hidden Beach), that is only accessible when the tide is low
4. We toured a gorgeous hotel with incredible views. Check out the pictures for that.
5. Eight of us white water rafted through the jungle. It was probably one of the most incredible activities of my life thus far. The views made it seem as if we were in a movie the entire trip. We saw hidden waterfalls, wildlife, and a bridge that the indigenous indians use to come out of the jungle. Our guide stopped and let us cliff jump into the river and then float a few hundred yards downstream through a slot canyon.
6. Our class toured the Dos Pinos processing factory. Dos Pinos is the largest distributor of diary products in Costa Rica. It was sorta boring, but we did get samples of ice cream at the end.
7. On the 4 hour return trip from Quepos our public bus driver texted while he was driving down the dark highway... at least we survived.
We are now headed to Monteverde Cloud Forest and Arenal Volcano for our final weekend in Costa Rica. Hopefully I will take more photos and update my blog a final time on Sunday or Monday. HOME SWEET HOME ON TUESDAY!