Trip Start Aug 17, 2011
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Malaysia  , Wilayah Persekutuan,
Sunday, February 12, 2012

Me and Daniel found Simon at the train station, I asked him what a horrible evening he had had, the reports I had had from Daniel was that he had been stuck in a cab, then traffic all after the hotel lost and found his passport. He said it was ok now and then took a Kindle out of his bag and said that he had got it on his travels that evening. I remember looking at it, wondering how and why he had got it when he had been so busy (I am naive to the extreme sometimes). 

When I looked up from the Kindle I saw the last thing I was expecting; my sister!

It all got a bit silly after that. I was so happy and so surprised, it was all too much! I remembered us crying together on my wedding at the impending trip and being so far from each other. And now she was here in Malaysia! There was lots of sobbing and laughing and hugging!

It turns out Simon had gone to meet Jenny at the airport but she was at a different terminal (like terminal 5 at Heathrow it was a long way away from the others) so he had Daniel, who knew all of what was going on, feeding me lies all evening. He had been conspiring with my Mum and Ken so weeks before and had not let on a thing. So many lies!

We got on the train, to give us time together Simon had booked first class compartments, Jenny and I had one and Simon was in another with a stranger. We had our own bathroom and even had dinner (packed dinner waiting on the table). Then Simon went to his bed and we had a proper catch up.

It was not a comfortable nights sleep. We were both dosing on and off untill 03:30 when we were woken up by someone trying to get into our compartment, luckily we had locked our door as they were quite persistent before finally giving up! We got up and I got a couple of presents, a cardigan knitted by my Mum (this was started when she told Simon that 'it is in progress' I asked what and she said a jumper. It was finished on the night before Jenny left, apparently in bursts as she was really ill!) as well as a little bird and tiny postcard telling me to follow my dreams. It was cold in the train so I put on the cardigan, it was booby trapped with pins!                                                                                                                                                   We did eventually settle down again for a little sleep before arriving in Singapore.

I can't really put into words how it felt to see Jenny again but it was such a relief. I had been feeling really homesick and far away and I seems that partly I was Jennysick (which sounds horrible but you know what I mean!). I want to thank all the people that went behind my back for so long to make it possible for us to see each other again. xxxxx 



Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: