We have finally arrived!

Trip Start May 02, 2011
Trip End May 30, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Italy  , Tuscany,
Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Buon giornio!  I am finally in Florence after about 24 hours of traveling.  It all went fairly well- the flight to Miami was very quick and Liz and I were very excited.  Once we got to the airport, we found out that Liz's luggage had not been put on the plane and was sitting in Jacksonville.  They told her it would be put on the next flight to Miami, which would arrive about 4:30.  That would give her enough time to get it before our flight to Paris at 5:50.  Turns out, Delta messed up again and the luggage still hadn't arrived when we boarded the plane.

Now I am definitely not a frequent flier, so the 8 hour flight to Paris was an experience.  The plane was huge-2 stories- and I ended up sitting next to a girl that I knew, Austin, and another girl Ellen who was really nice. We had a good time talking for a lot of the flight.  We were served dinner, which I did not expect.  They gave us chicken with egg noodles, tuna with cold rice (super weird and gross), bread and cheese, cake and rice pudding.  The flight attendants were very French- the women were thin and well-dressed with tiny scarves around their neck.  The men all called us madmoiselle.  

 Luckily I was able to sleep a little bit on the plane.  There was some turbulence- I had just gotten into the bathroom when I heard a French voice come on the intercom.  I heard some variation of the word turbulence and pretty much ran back to my seat.  I was very glad to land in Paris around 8 a.m....or about 2 a.m. US time.

The Paris airport was very modern-looking.  Everyone was dressed up and wearing winter clothes, so we definitely got a few looks in our shorts and t-shirts.  We got our passports stamped...yes!  We wandered around for a bit and finally decided to go through security- such a pain- and sit in the terminal.  It was very different from the US- the floor and ceilings were made of glass and it was all very open.  We hung out for many hours until we finally boarded our flight at 3:25.  I took a Dramamine because I had gotten a little nauseous on the flight over, so I slept well.  

Then it was a long 3 hour bus ride from Rome to Florence.  It was cool to be able to see Italy out the window- we were surprised that there were lots of large, modern buildings.  There was so much green- large rolling hills and lots of trees.  We also saw some sheep and cows grazing in fields.

 Now I'm sitting in my apt in Florence, which is very nice.  For lunch we had pizza and are planning on getting some gelato later...so excited!  

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


Jennie on

So excited that I get to keep up with your trip through your blog site. Have FUN!!! Work HARD!!! and most of all make GREAT MEMORIES...XOXOXOXO

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: