Trip Start Aug 02, 2004
40Trip End Sep 25, 2005
Show trip route
We spent about a week in Malawi - which is one of Africa's smallest and most populous countries which also makes it one of the world's most densely populated countries.
What did we see and do:
- Getting absolutely trollied with most of the truck folk on Lake Malawi and having the tour leader (James) get so paralytic that he moons us several times and acts out various sexual positions on the bar (particularly funny given his current girlfriend is the co-driver and was sober at the time - not happy Jan!)
- Did a village tour of Chitimba where we toured the local school, visited the local witch doctor (where Leah got her future read - FYI, 3 children starting in 3 years - boy, girl, boy) and also visited the local hospital (which makes an Australian public hospital look like the Ritz!). So many local children gave us their address and asked us to write to them - given the number we got, it will take a while...
- Bought some of the famous Malawi love chairs and a table (now called the $500 love chairs - to be explained later)
- Survived a massive tropical thunderstorm which hit the lake and blew our tents down the beach
- Worked out that the best Nandos in Africa is in Lilongwe, Malawi. WOW!!