Trip Start May 06, 2008
29Trip End Jun 06, 2008
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
There are 7 people who are going to be traveling together. The entire plan is quite complex, with people meeting, departing, arriving, reuniting, and what not. Therefore, we thought it best to lay the ground rules right from the very beginning to make sure there were no misunderstandings later on. This is what we came up with, based on similar rules we found on the net:
Ground Rules For Travel
- Every traveler must write up a "must do" list, a "could do" list and a "won't do" list.
- Every traveler needs to go over, give inputs and approve the itinerary before the trip.
- Pre-travel costs will be paid upfront.
- Decide on a budget for meals per day.
- Need to make a rough estimate of costs including entry fees, etc.
- It is only fair to share the driving if possible and any non-drivers should be prepared and ready to navigate.
- Navigator sits up front with the driver period. Maps are a common expense.
- EVERY night any common expense that someone paid should be divided up fairly.
- One person will be delegated responsibility to take a notebook and write down every common expense.
- Meals should be divided immediately; gas at the end of the day
- Every night there will be a meeting to finalize the following days plan.
- Timing - everyone must agree to a time to leave in the AM and must stick to it.
- Everyone holds his or her own ticket/money/map.
- If staying with a host, cost of groceries and other household expenses will be divided equally among all.
THERE WILL BE NO SLACKING. LAG BEHIND AND GET LEFT BEHIND.
The trip is as follows:
6th May Mumbai
7th May - 12th May London
13th May - 15th May Prague
16th May Cesky Krumlov
17th May Vienna
18th May - 19th May Salzburg
20th May - 21st May Munich
23rd May - 29th May Scotland
30th May - 31st May London
1st June - 4th June Dubai
5th June Mumbai
6th June Home
- Sharon (me) and Godwin, married, based in Goa, itinerary as above
- Glynis and Ashok, married, based in Goa, itinerary similar to above except will go to Paris instead of Prague, CK and Vienna and transit through Kuwait instead of Dubai
- Bunga and Sanjiv, married, based in London, we will stay with them while in London and they will join us for the Scotland part of the trip
- Sonia, married, but will be traveling without her DH (dear husband for the uninitiated), based in Auckland, will fly into London on the 20th of May and will join us for the Scotland part of the trip.