5 Signs that your backpackers has become a home
Trip Start Jul 03, 2012
36Trip End Dec 16, 2012
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
- Everyone you meet greets you by name
- Nobody worries about giving you an introduction of the house and area but instead says you know what to do right?
- They ask you where your last travel destination was and ask how it went
- You ask about their lives families etc,
- Finally, they ask if you are interested running the house for free rent..
I seriously considered whether this option could work for me and what it would be like to 'run' the hostel... With no hotel experience I mostly drew my experiences as a guest and also on the Character Basil from the Fawlty Towers series. I decided that although it might give me some fantastic stories it would also be very time consuming to be only provided with free rent. As I have a working visa (that I haven't used) and have spent the last week looking for jobs it would be counterproductive. So unfortunatly Chez Vancouver Fawlty Backpackers will not be operating anytime soon :-)