Hardcore Travelling!!Ende-Bali-KualaLumpur-Jakart

Trip Start Apr 16, 2006
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Malaysia  ,
Thursday, August 10, 2006

Had booked all the flights as close together as possible to give me as much time in Java as poss but knew it was gonna be a long day!
Checked out of hotel and made way over to the shed that was the terminal desk for Ende if you can call it an airport.Waited for 3hours in the room until finally boarded at 2pm onto a tiny propellor plane and sat at the front for the 2 hour journey back to Bali.The cabin door was flapping around open so could nearly touch the pilots,

cracking safety!and could see out of the cockpit window as we landed which was pretty cool but bit scary!
Made my way straight from arrivals to departures and waited for 4hours in Denpasar with nothing to do or see till the flight to Kuala Lumpur with Air Asia at 8pm.
9hours after leaving Ende,was taking off from Bali for the 3hour flight to Kuala Lumpur,where the worst part was going to be the 10hour wait for the next flight back to Jakarta at 9 the next morning!
KLCC terminal the budget terminal for Kuala Lumpur has about 3shops,not many seats and theres we having to kill 10hours.I decided to get the link bus and go and see the KLIA international main airport 20minutes away and hopefully they would have some stuff for me to do,some shops,internet or places to lie down!
Got there on the bus,shops closed,everything deserted,GREAT!
Had a look around,midnight and starting to feel weary but then spotted the business class check in desk and a long seat with some cushions and so sneaked into it,tied up my bags and laid on top of rucksac.Had about 2hours sleep on and off in between waking up cold from air-con and annoying woman shouting announcements accross loudspeakers,and so at 3am made way back to KLCC terminal.
7hours later and totally smashed boarded the plane at 10am and 2Hours later touched down in Jakarta.

Stopped at immigration and interrogated in the office by 4 blokes as I never had a ticket for my onward flight and they couldnt understand "internet ticket"
After 30minutes of columbo questioning remembered I had photocopy in main bag which was whizzing around empty carousel and proved good enough.Sat in the room with an Iraqi whod apparantly been smuggled over on the same flight coming for an interview as a pilot,not sure I liked the idea of that,again cracking security!
Waited outside and jumped on the Damri bus for 15,000 to Bambir station which was supposed to be 1km from Jaksa the main budget area of Jakarta and after 2hours sat on the bus in gridlocked traffic, 3flights in 18hours and no sleep arrived in the bedlum of Jakarta!phew!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: