Feel Like S***!

Trip Start Sep 09, 2004
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Malaysia  ,
Friday, September 10, 2004

Well the last couple of days have been hell. The day before I leave I come down with tonsillitis - a real good shot of grimacing pain shooting right up my 'right ear' every time I talk or attempt to swallow, with a feeling of general all-over weakness thrown in for good measure. Typically, with all 'sod's law surprises' - it's always 'needed' and has just took the shine off what would have been an exciting time packing and setting off at 5am yesterday. Nevertheless, I've been force feeding painkillers and antibiotics down me as much as I can for a day and a half now and I'll just have to hope it starts to shift soon.

Anyway - enough negatives.

I'm sitting here at Kuala Lumpur International Airport!

Went with Malaysian Airlines in the end - it's a long story and not particularly interesting so I'll spare it. The flight was fantastic though. Flew on an all singing & dancing jumbo with constant pampering and a bombardment of snacks, drinks, beverages and interactive entertainment - audio/video/Nintendo, through a small TV screen set in the back of the headrest. I was chuffed to bits considering the cost and class of the flight. I nearly beat my original high score on Super Mario Bros!

It was a clear day when we took off from Heathrow and I was lucky enough to be allocated a window seat, so it was even easier to see the East coast of England disappear into nothing from the window of the passenger behind me.

About half an hour into the flight their was a classic 'Wedding Singer' moment - a hot scented towel folded tightly into a small square, handed to me with pair of metal tweezers by one of the male hostesses. I was very glad I had seen the film or it would have been embarrassing. Instead, I took it and appeared very grateful.

A few moments before we arrived at Kuala Lumpur, I got a glimpse of the sunrise appearing from the horizon over Malaysia. It was absolutely magnificent. The flight lasted just under 12 hours and added 7 hours on to my watch. The first 'leg' of the long haul was over and I was knackered. It was 7am, 25 Deg C and I was in Malaysia!

So I'm through arrivals, already got my boarding card from Heathrow, backpack being forwarded straight through to Denpasar so there was no need to claim it - all I had to do was give the nod and acknowledge the Malaysian Airlines transit desk and then go and chill out for seven hours.

So here I am. It cost me about 15 Ringgit (just under two quid) for an hour of net access so thought I'd get a travelogue update in and check and reply to a few e-mails.

Nevertheless, my hour's nearly up and right now I'm intermittently nodding off - my head nearly hitting the keyboard. So before I have a nasty accident I'm gonna sign off and go get some lunch before I need to be thinking about boarding for Bali.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: