Catching Tonsilitis

Trip Start Sep 22, 2008
Trip End Nov 06, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
First Apartment

Flag of Hungary  ,
Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The previous night when I was getting ready for bed I felt that familiar tingle in the back of my throat. I was hoping I was wrong and knew that by the next morning I would know.

Well the following morning I was right, I had tonsilitis again. I spoke to Tom to see if I need a prescription here or not for antibiotics and he said we do. So i got directions to the local hospital and after a rough morning finallly made my way over there. Felt like crap the whole day and cursed that it had to happen when I was here on my own. Finally got to the hospital, got Tom to ring the receptionist and speak to her. English is very limited here in Hungary, what with German being the main foreign learnt language.

Finally got to see the Ear, Nose and Throat specialist, a young doctor who looked like he had just came out of college. He agreed with what I said and he prescribed me some antibiotics and pain killers.

Went downstairs to get my tablets and I asked him where i must pay. He told me not to worry, just had to pay for the tablets, so that was my first nice experience for the day. So today and tomorrow I just hung about the house, not eating, just taking the medicine as required.

I did, however, find that the pain killers I had been taking were banned from use in USA, UK and Australia as they hadcaused a death before, i think it was like 50 ppl in 1 million. I had panadeine forte with me that Dave had left me, but these seemed to churn in my stomach and make me feel nauseas as I had no food in there, whereas the others did not have that affect. So i kept using the new ones and am glad to say that I am still in one piece.

The 16th October was when Tamas was coming to pick me up after work. The city was terribly busy and traffic is terrible, so once he got here we didn't hang around, just gave the keys of the apartment back to Gery and headed off into the dark countryside. Arrived at Eger a few hours later.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


vanyak on

How are you now? Hope you'r beeter now..

scottik38 on

Re: ... Tonsilitis
Yes mate, they gave me a course of antibiotics and now all is well. Thx for asking

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: