Arrive in Budapest, Hungary

Trip Start Sep 22, 2008
Trip End Nov 06, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Muller Apartments

Flag of Hungary  ,
Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sitting at the Vienna airport, we saw that their wasn't many passengers so we thought that the seating would be spread out well. Our tickets were also row 9D and 9F so we thought we could spread out. Then when we got the bus to the plane we saw how small it was and realised it was going to be pretty full. There was also no seat 9E and 9B so we ended up next to each other. The flight took about 55 mins, same from Melb to Hobart. About 25 mins into the flight when we had levelled out, the hostess with the food came out. We got a small bottle of water and a small type cream puff, but instead of cream it had some egg and hers mixed in it. Was warm and quite tasty. 2 minutes later and we started to make our descend into Budapest Airport.

Just as we were getting ready to land I heard a familiar beep beep. I realised that must have forgotten to turn off my mobile phone. Luckily the weather was good i was thinking so the pilot can see where he is landing. If the phone had have rang instead of an sms I think I would have died of embarrassment. Got through Customs again without incident, though the big burly Hungarian was giving us a good look.

Met Gergely at the airport, he is a friend of Tamasz who owns the units that we were going to be staying at. The taxi was a very stylish new one and I was prepared to give the driver 10 out of 10 until the last minute when he approached an intersection, the light had already gone red, and about 100 meters from the light he just planted his foot . The light was already red when we made it to the intersection and we just sped straight through. Dave closed his eyes, I just held on. But we made it in one piece. The 2 units, they are rooms in an old Hungarian style building, over 100 years old had been defurbished by Gergely. Mostly in white, cream or maroon they looked great. The price was great too considering they overlooked one of the main streets.

About every 40 mins i hear an ambulance roar by and i wonder if they are off to pick up our cab driver. After having some local cuisine for dinner (chicken, cold french fries, some salad, red cabbage and some white unpleasant sause all over everything) I came back to the apartment to chat with Tamasz on MSN while Dave went for a walk. I was sooooo tired, my night before had yielded little sleep, the single bed was too thin for me, like sleeping in a cot. If the matresses had been hard it would have been better, but soft matresses mean that when i roll over near the edge of the matress i roll out of bed. Also still getting over the fact that 8.00pm at night here was really about 4.00am back at home, I was just dead to the world so I slept and slept.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: