Meeting, travel, and fun

Trip Start Dec 25, 2010
Trip End Dec 31, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed

Flag of United States  , Florida
Monday, December 27, 2010

Got up around 8:00 am to go attend our meeting.  They are always trying to upsell and I get tired of it.  We got fruit, donuts, juice and were supposed to stay one hour.  Once the sales guy realized that we were not going to upgrade he sent us along on our way.  After only 45 minutes we got a $25 gift card, and the book for the resorts which is why we wanted to go to the meeting anyway.  We got back to the room and Bev and Stephanie were just getting ready to leave for Vero Beach to visit her aunt and uncle.  It was a 3 hour drive along I-95 South and then a 3 hour drive back but they had not seen this relative for almost 8 years.  They left and I took Dad up to the lobby for the "mingle".  They had donuts, juice, and coffee.  We came back to the room and shortly after left for the arcade.  We each did the batting cage.  First, we did the medium speed baseball then we did the fast speed.  Dad probably did the best, followed by Miles, and Luke and I brought up the rear.  In the arcade we did the deal that was 100 tokens for $15.00.  Dad won the biggest jackpot with 250 tickets on the reflex game.  We did some skee ball, basketball and other games.  Dad and Luke did some racing games head to head.  We ate lunch at Taco Bell, then drove into town to check things out.  Our first stop was "Oldest Tree", that Luke continuously chanted after he saw it on the map.  I was a rather impressive oak tree called "The Senator" which was estimated to be 600 years old.  Then we went to Mission Nombre de Nos where there was a really big cross.  It was the site of the first Catholic worship in the United States.  The cross was 208 feet tall (Miles guessed 130 haha,  Dad was closest, I think his guess was 210).  Next we found a parking place at the Fort and walked along a small portion of George Street a pedestrian only street lined with shops.  We went to the Cathedral while MIles went to look for the lions on the Bridge of Lions.  We found out the next day that the lions have been in the city garage for 6 years while they are doing construction on the bridge.  We went back to the car, then drove back to the resort.  We changed clothes then played doubles tennis.  It was a lot of fun.  Dad and I beat Miles and Luke 6-2, 6-3.  We went to the hot tub which felt really good despite how cold the outside air temperature was.  We went back to the room, made pizza rolls and had salsa while watching the movie Cut Throat Island.  As it was getting over Bev and Stephanie got home from their long trip.  Bev made chocolate chip cookies then we finished our game of Phase 10 and a game of Toss Up.  Bev and Stephanie met the relatives at a nice seafood restaurant on the water and they were able to see dolphins. (I never see dolphins, Miles says I am the jinx that does not allow us to see them)
Slideshow Report as Spam

My Review Of The Place I Stayed

Loading Reviews
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: