We Made It! Africa, whoot whoot

Trip Start Jun 05, 2012
Trip End Jul 10, 2012

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Kenya  ,
Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Landed in Brussels around 7:50 am Europe time, about 2:00 am our time.  I watched a show called Adventure Challenge where a lady biked from Beijing to London, crossing the Gobi Desert and Siberia.  We landed in Brussels and had to go through security.  I had my applejuice can and water in my stainless steel can.  Who would have thought that when going from one plane to another and you would have to get rid of everything. They took the applejuice and let me exit, dump the water, then go back through security again.  We got to our gate and layed down for a little while, but they started loading thr plane early.  We were on the very back row but the seats did lay back.  The flight to Bujumbura was 7 hours 50 minutes. Then we were supposed to sit on the plane for 50 minutes, then have another 1 hour 20 minutes.  Luckily there weren't many clouds so we could see land and water.  We passed oven Italy, then had a great view of the Mediterrianian Sea with very blue water along the coasts.  We saw Mt. Etna, then passed over Malta and there were several large ships.  After a long time we saw land again but this time it was Africa!  At first the land was very red but then as we crossed the Sahara Desert it was more of a tan color.  First, the attendants brough us pretzels and drinks, then lunch.  I forgot that I had asked for the low calorie option.  It was salad, carmel pudding, chicken breast, with potato and spinach.  Probably a good thing because the normal chicken looked like yellow curry with rice and hot peppers.  Miles got a block of cheese, muffin, and his salad had cheese and fatty dressing.  I napped a little then they brought us a chocolate covered ice cream bar.  We crossed the Tibesti Mountains, then the Darfur Mountains.  Next they brought around chicken fajitas.  It was too spicy for me so Miles got to eat two.  I had a bagel and a little fruit bar.  We landed in Bujumbura.  Workers came onto the plane wearing orange vests, cleaned up, then more passengers boarded the plane.  We landed in Nairobi, got our luggage, then looked for a good deal on a taxi to get to the hotel.  The guy claimed to know how to get there, so off we went.  It was very dark outside.  The driver had no idea where he was going, had to stop and ask people, and the area was certainly not very nice. After driving over lots of piles of debris and through water we arrived.  We got to the room and were exhausted so we went straight to bed. 
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: