Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

Trip Start Jun 05, 2012
Trip End Jul 10, 2012

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Tanzania  ,
Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Got to breakfast a little early and the others weren't far behind.  Ate our fried egg, toast, and banana then went back to the room to pack up for the trip back to Stonetown.  All of us were at the bus by 9:10, so Miles went and got Victor and we left early.  We talked about medical care in our countries on the way and saw an area where all the boys lined one side of the road and all of the girls were on the other side.  Apparently, a VIP was going to be coming through.  We dropped off our bags at our previous hotel and walked down to the post office.  We dropped off our postcards, bought some stamps then went over to the shop called Memories of Zanzibar.  We stopped at a cafe.  Miles ordered the Big Jig wich is apparently beef with fried egg and cheese and I got the tonno sandwich which is fried tuna. We had to hurry after lunch to go pick up our bags then walk to the ferry.  We got our passports stamped, then sat in a waiting area.  As it turns out, Victor should have had us get in line because tehre weren't any seats left on the ferry so we had to sit on the floor.  We found a breezy hallway finally and that was really nice.  Miles and I played the dot game, and of course, he won.  Some poeple got sick on the ferry and I was glad that I wasn't one of them.  The ferry ride was more than 2 hours.  It was really hot and we had to go about a kilometer to get to the small ferry.  One was leaving as we arrived so we waited 5-10 minutes for the next one.  Then we walked to meet the bus.  We got back to camp, ate ice cream, swam, then set up our tent.  Then there was a wait until dinner.  Miles showered before dinner.  We had chapati, ugali, meatballs with tomatoes, peppers and onions.  We did the dishes then I got my shower.  At that point I realized that I was in need of something from the "grocery" store which was about .75 miles away.  We walked back the .75 miles, calculated our budget, and Miles played solitare while I wrote.  I had never seen pyramid solitare so I watched Miles play that for a little while.  We had to leave at 5:00 am the next morning and I a really long driving day so I want to stay up longer so that maybe I can sleep a few hours in the morning at least.  I got some currency to take home by breaking a 5000TSH at the bar.  Around 9:00 we headed to bed in preparation for a day of driving hell.

Budget $30            Food 15000TSH        Tips 500TSH    
Spent $28.20 Souvenirs 23200TSH        "grocery" 5000 TSH
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: