Atlanta Day 1 and 2

Trip Start Apr 15, 2010
Trip End May 09, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Brother's house

Flag of United States  , Georgia
Thursday, May 6, 2010

I am going to put these two days together as most of Wednesday was travelling and getting to Atlanta. Our plane was at 12.55 and left from Newark again, so we knew exactly where to catch the airport bus.   We left the hotel at 10, and had such a grumpy driver.   He saw us all standing on the pavement with our suitcases, and parked about three bus spaces away from us.   We all looked at one another and wondered if he was our bus, and only when I went down and asked did he say, yes that is what the sign said.   I answered that we also had a sign by us stating Newark, but seeing we wanted the lift, and he had the power to just drive away, we all trudged down to the bus!!  (Needless to say we didn't tip him!! Ha ha)   It was so lovely to see Den’s (my brother) smiling familiar face waiting for us at the arrival gate.   They live about an hour from the airport, so it was about 5ish by the time we got to their lovely house.   We had a great home cooked meal, (Barbie / braai / cook out … depending on which country you are in!) watched some TV and then went to bed.    Today we got up leisurely (I woke up earlier and just played my Nintendo) and then we watched a bit of TV before going to meet nephew/cousin Alex for lunch.   Alex lives in a really nice little area in Atlanta, which is very alternative and hippy.   He works in a restaurant in Atlanta and only had to go to work at about 4.    We went to a restaurant called the Flying Biscuit, and it is traditional Southern food.   It serves fried green tomatoes, biscuits, grits etc.   I thought grits were a sort of biscuit, but it is like mealie meal porridge.

Den then took us to visit Anne (my ex sister in law) and it was so lovely to catch up with her.   She has just bought a new apartment, so now we can visualize her in her new home.    She brought us home at about 6, and now we are relaxing in the lounge.   It is so nice to be able to catch our breath and not be rushing around from site to site.   Nicci starts work straight after getting home, so these few days will be a nice little rest for us.   Tomorrow is shopping !!!!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: