Gourmet Grilled Cheese Food Truck
Trip Start Jan 06, 2010
16Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
This last year has afforded me the ability to shape my own reality, which is indeed a rare gift. I've savored traveling in fun, funky places, living in Mexico, working on my Spanish, developing new friendships, deepening existing ones, slowing down enough to appreciate a 3 hour lunch on Friday afternoons, learning how to be an entrepreneur, change the way I think about the value of time and last but not least, rearrange the priorities in my life.
The last few months have been a blur of activities, including launching a business offering exercise boot camps, becoming certified in Corporate Wellness to work with companies to create programs for their employees, started certification to become a personal trainer, working with the local ex-patriot organization called Mexpat and learning about online marketing
My new career: Health and Wellness Guru. Watch out Mexico, your own version of Jane Fonda is about to hit the ground! Put down those beans and tortillas, turn off the TV and get off that couch, it's time to exercise!
Here are a few memorable moments in the last few months:
- Touring a dried Mango factory and learning how to peel a mango in about 3 seconds.
- Strolling with the Estudiantinas, the roving musicians in Guanajuato on the Mexican Independence day.
- Having my date blow me off to flirt with 3 gay men instead.
- Learn how to make the perfect White Russian. (3/4 shot Kahlua, 3/4 shot Vodka, about a 1/4 cup half and half, shake in a shaker (not stir!) with ice. Better if drunken just prior to dancing)
- Learned that in Mexico it is acceptable to stop anytime in the middle of the road for any reason as long as you put on your blinkers
- Learned the fine art of 3 hour lunches.
- Found a new secret admirer on the streets of Polanco, who was walking down the street looking at my legs and ran into a tree. His new nickname: George of the Jungle
You might wonder about the title of my blog, forgive me, I couldn't resist. Thanks to my trendy friend Gene, he just told me all about the latest fad in Orange County, California... gourmet food trucks! They even have a website to track where they'll be that day.... and park in front of their high priced competition in bricks and mortar buildings. Tim Ferris would hate the business model... but we won't tell him about the pancake and bacon gourmet icecream offered in one of them....or the free coupon on Twitter to try it out.
I wonder, what other trends will California come up with? I read an article in the newspaper lately about a food bank there that was giving away free medicinal marijuana joints for every 3 cans of food donated. Um... not sure if that one will catch on.
I'll be in Mexico City, Mexico for the foreseeable future, and would love to have visitors
Have a wonderful 2011 everyone! I hope that this is your best year yet, and it brings you health, wealth and love.
Un beso grande,