Trip Start Nov 08, 2013
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Bahamas  , Out Islands,
Tuesday, March 25, 2014

We are still in Green Turtle Cay. Nasty cold front arriving today. All anchorages and marinas in the Bahamas are packed with boats seeking shelter, so we decided to stay where we are until conditions improve. We are doing something different this year. We are having Savage hauled out of the water on May 5 to Abaco Yacht Services in Green Turtle Cay. Our friend Dale from Allegria has stored his sailboat here the last two summers and loves it. So in the late fall or early winter we will catch the plane from Fort Lauderdale to Marsh Harbor and then ferry to the boat yard. Our insurance will cover us, since we are not in the hurricane box. And the best part, we won't have to cross the gulf stream. We'll already be here. The boat yard is extremely clean and boats are stored on pavement with hurricane straps. There's a picture attached of the marina and storage area. We have already booked our flight back to Florida for Wednesday, May 7, flying into Lauderdale. We will then rent a car and arrange to pick up our car and begin the trek home. Hope all is well and the snow is gone soon!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


Greg and Patti Swetka on

So I guess we will not be planning a lunch date with you this week...:( We are in Melbourne Beach it this week...

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: