Indiantown to Stuart 2011

Trip Start Unknown
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Florida
Thursday, November 10, 2011

We arrived in Indiantown on October 26 after stopping to visit family in Michigan and then the Condens in Nokomis FL. We scheduled the boat to be moved from storage to the work area where for $20 a day we could live aboard while the boat is on the hard. We stayed for 3 days with Paul & Linda LeDoux from Seahawk in their new condo in Stuart. They sold Seahawk this past spring and moved ashore. We thank you both for all your support and generosity. Then we moved aboard Savage II. On the hard is an appropriate term. Climbing up a tall step ladder onto the swim ladder carrying packages, clothing, food, cleaning supplies etc. etc. is a work out! We were hooked up to electricity and water and  thoroughly cleaned the deck, then unloaded everything from the cabin onto the cockpit and deck while we cleaned every square inch down below. Once we returned everything to its proper place we washed and waxed the hull and sanded the outside teak and re-painted the bottom. This took 11 straight days. The work yard was packed with over 50 boats and the place was humming with activity. Denny says boat yards make dreams come alive - no matter what your dreams are we toast each other at every sunset and work hard all day long. The boat next to us is a CSY 45 being restored by the owner who restores Steinway pianos for a living. He purchased the boat when it showed up here in the yard at Indiantown. It had been abandoned at anchor in the Bahamas and was brought here. What an interesting individual he is. He has done work for famous rock stars and musicians and also was asked to restore two Steinways aboard Paul Allen's famous yacht Octopus. It's over 475 feet long and is the world's largest yacht. It's tender is 65 feet long! Old friends are also here in Indiantown. Chick & Dorothy and their lab Nicki are here cleaning up their Cat 36 and headed to the Harborage (now Loggerhead Marina) and Kathy & Stan are busy working on their 45' Jeanneau. It was good to see familiar faces. Launch day finally! We splashed Tuesday, November 9. The next morning we left Indiantown headed for Stuart, a 4 hour motor. We had a few scarey moments even tho the weather was great. Since there was a full moon, the tide was very high and our antenna on top of the mast hit going under two bridges. We said a few during those tense moments. Next adrenalin rush was at the St. Lucie lock.  It was full with 6 boats. When it came our turn to leave the lock the engine wouldn't go into gear so the lock keeper threw the lines down to us to hang on to until Den got the gears working again. No big deal. It took just a few minutes. We arrived at the Harborage at noon and got the bikes from down below and walked to the nearest gas station to get air only their air machine was broken so we continued by foot looking for another service station. Found one and got the air and rode the bikes back to the boat. It is good to be here at last. The weather is gorgeous. Will write more later. We plan to stay here for a month or two.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: