Wine Country Chianti Classico

Trip Start Unknown
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Italy  , Tuscany,
Monday, July 29, 2013

Visiting the vineyards of Tuscany in the Chianti Classico region it's so beautiful. Wine is under the Gov'ts control and they test the wine under DOCG. Vineyards must be at least 5 years old and no more than 18 years old. Wine must age 9-18 months or 18-36 months if it is a reserve wine and then must age another 3 months in the bottle. All grapes are Sangiovese with at least 80% of those grapes with the remaining 20% of what the vineyard would like. However, vineyards wanted more distinction between other vineyards and stand making their own wine with more creativity. Because the quality differed between good and bad wines, the chose a table wine for low end, and Super Tuscan for higher end wines, some even better than a Chianti.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: