Konstanz day 2

Trip Start Nov 23, 2006
Trip End Sep 01, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Germany  , Baden-Württemberg,
Sunday, July 1, 2007

I woke to the sound of four people singing some song about AIESEC which was intended to wake everyone up. Then one guy went around saying "Aufstehen" "Aufstehen" "Aufstehen" which means wake up in German. It was about 730am. I think everyone was struggling that morning, especially Thomas, who slept til midday. I showered, ate some breakfast with everyone else. At the morning meeting, they asked me to speak for about 5 minutes to just wrap up from the workshop yesterday since it was cut short. I mentioned how people had invited me to the conference to do a workshop on body language and now I was being invited back to the next conference do to a workshop on dating. After that I went for a little walk down to the lake side while the others went to workshops. I took some photos around the school and just waited until the final meeting and closing at 2pm. I was presented, along with the other workshop facilitators, with a plastic yellow spade. We then watched a slideshow of photos from the river cruise followed by a clean up. I met a German guy, Mike, who was leaving soon, but wanted to cruise around Konstanz in his car before returning to Munich. He asked if I wanted to join him and I agreed. I said goodbye to everyone and received a stack of thank you notes from some of the conference goers, plus some emails and suggestive notes from the girls (even though I mentioned Claudia several times throughout the weekend). Mike and I drove his very cool BMW out to Reichenau Island and walked around a little and chatted, strangely about picking up girls and the troubles of finding a woman for a long term stint. We cruised back into Konstanz central, passing within about a kilometer of the Switzerland border, but couldnt enter since I had not brought my passport and the Switzerland Government charges a toll for using their motorways. In Konstanz, we walked through the city, along the water front, had a drink and light lunch at a cafe and watched the girls walk by. After lunch, Mike said goodbye and I continued to chill at the cafe and finish my drink. I was feeling pretty drained and drowsy from the early starts and late nights, but was in good spirits nonetheless. I paid for lunch and started to walk around the harbour as a storm came from the north. It began raining as I crossed a bridge, fortunately reaching shelter on the other side within a short time, and waited with others until the rain stopped. I took a long walk down the water front under leafy trees and gentle rolling thunder in the sky as it moved south. I cruised back through the city and ended up back at the trainstation (took my luggage out of the locker) and waited for the 8:38pm train back to Karlsruhe. I snoozed on the ride home while listening to the C-Realm podcast show, something about Ayahuasca and a conference at Iquitos Peru. I was woken once by the ticket colletor and second when my ipod fell off my lap and disconnected with the headphones wire. I was back in Karlsruhe by then. Claudia picked me up, she had had a big weekend too, so we crashed when we got back to Hotel Hagenbach.
Slideshow Report as Spam
Where I stayed
Hotel Hagenbach
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: