3 months 27 days!!

Trip Start Jul 06, 2008
Trip End Dec 17, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Peru  ,
Wednesday, October 22, 2008

On Tuesday the owner of the apartment we stayed at named Pablo finally took us to a children's home. We went at 3:30 and didn't leave till 5:00. We didn't even do anything but talk to the kids. It was good but we wanted to do a bit more. They showed us the list of volunteer requirements. You have to give a volunteer donation of minimum sixty dollars. There are 5 special-need boys there and they were really nice. They were really busy so we decided to try another place the next day. One of the leaders said they would take us to the other place to try and see if we would like it better. We were told that the kids are very small for their age.

On Wednesday we went to another childrens' home. It's not a home it's just where they sometimes learn English, do homework, get fed, and play games. We got there before all the kids showed up. All of us waited for about ten minutes for kids to come in after school. When they came in they were all really shy. The lady asked my parents if they were teachers and they said yes. They were pretty happy about that.

The next day when we arrive all the kids came up and gave us hugs. This one girl wouldn't let go of me the whole entire time. Mom taught the girls English and dad taught the boys English. There was one boy who was trying to really learn English. It was kind of funny. At the end they wouldn't let us leave until we said we would be back again tomorrow!

On Saturday we went to a market. We got warned by so many people (police officers, security guards, and random people) to watch our stuff. One guy said they would beat us up, spit on us and take all our stuff. We didn't stay out too much longer as we didn't feel safe. We went to a 'questionable' restaurant for lunch that made us all feel sick. Some of us got the runs but that's about it.

Sunday Sophia, Dad, and I went river rafting. It was so much fun. We took a two hour bus up a local river and we were two hours on the river. At the end three of us jumped in the water and floated back where there was only a little rapid. It was so cold and I am so glad that I hadn't fallen out before.
Slideshow Report as Spam


maaske on

It was a great week!
It's so much fun traveling, learning and loving with you!

Add Comment

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: