Hello Colorado!

Trip Start May 19, 2010
Trip End Jul 24, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Rays Motel

Flag of United States  , Colorado
Saturday, June 12, 2010

Like pretty much any other day, today did not go like I was expecting it to. We left Moab around 7AM and sped ahead of the riders to drop off the luggage. It rained the majority of the morning so we were expecting that we would have to sag riders. After finally arriving in Naturita (which I don't recommend anyone visiting by the way) we arrived at our hotel. It is currently undergoing renovations, I think at least, and reeks of smoke. I guess it does have free wifi which is a plus, but it would not be a place I want to visit again. We dropped off our luggage, doubled back, and met the riders at the turn on to HWY 141. Things were going well. The rain had started to clear up and the riders all seemed to be in pretty good moods. It was around lunch time that another intern, Carl, realized he left his luggage at the hotel in Moab so we headed back to Moab to pick it up. Then we drove back yet again, and meet up with the riders at the La Sal Fire Station for lunch. Just when we were about to leave, I heard that one of the riders had been badly injured. We went down to check it out only to see that Brian had a big gash on his pinkie finger and tons of blood. Apparently he had looked down and noticed a long piece of grass stuck in his spokes. He reached down to quickly pull it out but his finger caught in his spokes, sending him flying over his handlebars. The fire station quickly bandaged it up and we headed to Naturita to the clinic. We finally got there only to see that it was closed. The next clinic wasn't until Montrose, our stop for tomorrow, so we decided to head there. We arrived right before closing too but they were awesome and let us in. The doctor quickly gave Brian 10 stitches, some antibiotics and we were on our way. He was really brave considering that I also got the same numbing needle a few days ago and almost hyperventilated. We missed dinner, so we had dinner at Chili's (can't say I minded that) and then headed back to Naturita. All in all, Jeremy figured out that he drove over 300 miles today. 
Tomorrow we head to Montrose on a new route that we drove today. More miles but a significantly smaller climb. Hopefully the riders will be happier when we arrive tomorrow. Nothing like a glimpse of civilization to raise spirits.  
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: