The Ingraham Trail

Trip Start Jul 07, 2013
Trip End Aug 12, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Canada  , Northwest Territories,
Friday, September 6, 2013

Had a great sleep! Woke up to another brilliant day with bright blue clear sky's. We firstly went into the information center but had to wait 20 minutes for someone to turn up. They were meant to open at 8.30am but there was no one there till nearly 9 o'clock. The guy that served us was really interesting, he gave us his practiced speech and all the while sniffing and burping Haha. We pretty much wasted our time there, but we did get to watch the boss lady gave him a serve in front of us for being late. pure class! ;) Little bit of entertainment.
We decided to head down the Ingraham Trail and have a cooked breakfast at Prosperous Lake. We hung out there for some time watching all the boats come and go. Then we carried on along the gravel road stopping at all the boat launches and picnic areas along the way to have a look.
Our 2nd to last stop was the Cameron Falls park which was 45km along the 70km trail. We walked about 20 minutes to reach the falls and they are worth the trip. There's a nice bridge that crosses the river so we carried on and had a look at the other side. The surroundings are amazing and on such a nice clear day it made for perfect photo opportunities.
Back at the Carpark we took a photo of the cool Polar Bear license plates that they all have here in the Northwest Province.
We drove up the road another few kms to our last stop. We made a hot drink then started to head back along the trail. We went to one last Lake called Vee Lake which was close to town and we were told it was a good place to watch the Northern Lights.
Later we went back to McDonalds to use the Internet again and did a bit of research into some jobs, unfortunately there wasn't any jobs in the Prince Albert National Park. That evening we drove out to Vee lake and cooked dinner, it started raining so we had to eat in the car again. It was really cloudy so I wasn't holding much hope for a lights show but all the clouds had all burned off by 10pm.
We sat at Prosperous Lake waiting for the lights to start, they started up about 10.30pm. We made a hot drink and sat out watching them in our chairs.. It was so amazing, the green colour and it changed patterns, you could see it happening right in front of us.. We watched for over 2 hours then Sarah was getting cold so we sat in the car for a bit. She feel asleep but luckily didn't miss much as it started to lighten up after 1am. The camera wouldn't pick up the lights very well after trying heaps of different things with the settings, so will have to talk to someone and get some advice. At 1.30am I drove the car over to park up for the night and we ran it for a bit to warm us up.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: