Camping on Apo Reef National Park

Trip Start Oct 06, 2012
Trip End Jul 08, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Philippines  , MIMAROPA,
Friday, April 26, 2013

Up early to have the most rip of breakfast at bloody Emily Hotel!! Got a tricycle to the Eco Tourism office where we had to arrange our trip. They only do overnight trips out to Apo Reef with a night in a tent so we had to go for this option! 3,300P it cost, including entry fee, guide, the boat to and from and the tent hire. We had to go back to the hotel and checkout! Yay! And take our big bags back to the Tourism place where they looked after them for the night. We walked around the local market and got a few supplies for our trip to the reef.
Took a tricycle with our guide to the Boat where we left the port at 10.45am. It took 2 hours to get to Apo Reef. We first stopped to snorkel just 10minutes boat ride from where we were staying on the Island. It was nice, but the water wasn't overly clear only about 15 meters visibility. Went to the Island to set up tent and get some lunch. The guides set all the tents up. Had a bit of a chill out and chatted with the other locals that were on our trip. There was a group of 11 and another 2 locals who shared a guide with us. Sarah and I went out snorkeling to have a look around. Not much to see, and the tide was out so it was very shallow. We thought we were snorkeling over the other side of the Island but turns out we were just going for a walk to have a look at the Light house and climb up it. It had great views over the entire Island. We stopped to see the Rock formations and then the Lagoon on the way home, the sun was starting to set so it was starting to get dark.
Our guide cooked us some rice, so that was our dinner! Haha. We spent the night talking with Jeff and Stephanie who were in our group. They were a very nice couple. Jeff works in Darwin and Steph in Manila but is trying to transfer to Australia too. Sat down on the beach for a while just Sarah and I chatting and hoping the other big group would turn there fricken techno music off! Haha. They didn't till after midnight.
We moved our tent down on to the beach at 1am in the morning as we had had enough of listening to everyone snoring! And the tent was really hot. It worked out really good as there was a nice breeze and much quieter!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: