Ios, Greece

Trip Start May 14, 2006
Trip End Sep 29, 2006

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Greece  ,
Sunday, August 6, 2006

So we arrived on the 7th at about 7 in the morning and head straight for our Hotel, Olgas guesthouse. This place is bad ass. For 25 Euros a night we get a small apartment with our own kitchen, Air conditioning, awesome pool, its right next to the beach, and our own maid that comes in every morning and cleans and folds clothes. So right after check in, we headed straight to the beach and it got bad real quick. We found a place with HUGE waves but unlike any other beach that we have been to (12-15 others), where the waves crash down its not sand, its hard like cement. So I was the first in and got out quickly, but before I could let everyone else know, Tyler jumped in as a waved crashed down on his ass. When I could see him again I knew something had happened, either really good or really bad. He came out of the water and all I could see what blood dripping down from his knee. It was really messed up, Ill add some picks soon. When we looked closer we could see that something was inside and he had to pick at it to get it out. This was obviously not working so Monte told him to pinch it out and when he did, a dime size rock spit out of the flesh on his knee. For those of you know that know me and how easily I get nausea this was not cool, I had to quickly turn away and turn my attention to something different. He didn't go back into the water for the rest of the day but Hes ok. The rest of us that are coordinated and can keep ourselves alive spent the day riding the huge waves that crash down on the beach, at another location with sand of course.

That night is when things turned into an Tyler Nelson kind of night (Joe, I think you'll know what Im talking about). We all got back and after a short nap got really excited for the night because we had heard some crazy stories about the parties here and we had yet to all go out for a good night. Earlier that day, we had all gone to the local grocery story and purchased a good amount of alcohol. We all got ready and started to drink a little before leaving. Eric had a bright idea of going and getting some shot glasses from the bar by the pool and from their I knew that things were going to get ugly. I was completely against the idea because I knew that once they had a couple of shot they would try to keep up with me and things would go downhill from their, and they ended up doing just that. Tyler ended up puking and passing out at 10pm and Eric ended up passing out on the kitchen floor just minutes afterwards. Nevertheless, Monte and I went out and had a good time.

We found this bar with a huge Jenga set that was like 3 feet tall. We saw that it was open for play so we got some beers and started a one on one match. Just shortly after, we had a small crown of people watching our crazy game and Monte was actually convincing people that I was the number 2 Jenga player in the US and a definite contender for the world championships coming up in October. It was one of the funnier things that I have ever witnessed.

The entire following day I gave Tyler and Eric the necessary shit that they deserved for their performance the night before. Life on this island is perfect. A good party, awesome beach and good people.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: