Trip Start Aug 28, 2010
Trip End Jan 10, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Germany  , Bavaria,
Friday, October 1, 2010

Oktoberfest was bound to be one of the greatest times in my life, as I would be meeting two of my most amazing friends from Colorado, Emma and Lindsey. Also, the was the last weekend of Oktoberfest and 500,000 people would be there between the two days. 
My plane landed around eleven in the morning on Friday. I got off the plane and quickly headed to the metro station at the airport. Thank god everyone in Germany speaks english, because trying to buy a ticket was a fiasco! Little did I know however that in Germany, no one checks tickets, so the 20 euro I spent on a ticket was feckless. I quickly made my way to the hotel after my 40 min metro ride into the heart of the city. 
As soon as I walked into the hotel, I saw Lindsey standing by the bar, flirting with some boys having just completed a beer. Classy lindsey! After a HUGE hug, we made our way upstairs and I quickly changed so that we could head to the famous Haufbrau House, a beer house,  in downtown Munich. Myself, Lindsey, Lindsey`s friend Heather, and two other guys, arrived at Haufbrau at around 4 in the afternoon. What an experience! The beer house was PACKED with people from all over the world sitting at long tables, singing songs, and cheering with liters of beer in their hands. Trying to find a table was a process. It took us about 20 min but we finally found one in the main builiding. We ordered our first round of Haufbrau originals! The beer maid brought them to us, and we were off to the races!! Lindsey was the first to finish :( ...it was an off day for me apparently. Its ok though, Lindsey wound up passing out at the table! haha 5 liters of beer and one entire chicken later we were ready to head out of the beer house. We walked around downtown Munich and the main city square. Even though it was only 10 at night, Lindsey and I headed back to the hotel. We knew the next day was going to start early! After about an hour of sleep, ¨AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH¨ i hear emma come running in screaming! she jumps on my bed and gives me a hug. I was not in the mood! After saying hi, I quickly kicked her out of my room. haha
Saturday morning: We woke up at 6 in the morning. EARLYYYY. After getting ready and eating an awesome german buffet breakfast at the hotel, we made our way to the fair grounds and the site of OKTOBERFEST!!! Even though we arrived at 8 in the morning, people were already jammed in lines trying to get into the tents. Luckly, after having to wrestle through the lines, we got into the Lowenbrau Beer Tent. A very nice beer maid found us a table, as it was already full. We spent the next 8 hours in Lowenbrau drinking beers and making friends with a great group of Americans that were sitting at our table. After 4 or 5 rounds and a couple of chickens and pretzels, we made our way the the Haufbrau tent. The tent was completely closed as it was jammed packed inside. Disheartened, we just stood outside, peering in at the fun. All of a sudden, a young beer maid came a grabbed Lindsey, Heather, and myself and dragged us into the tent!!! OMGGG out of the hundreds of people standing outside, she grabbed us! It was crazy inside. There were so many people that you couldnt even move. We got another couple of beers and meet a couple german teens who we were talking to. We were singing songs and having a blast. Then lindsey went to the bathroom....little did we know, this would be the last time heather and I would see her that night! After two hours, Heather and I, worried and drunk, decided to head back to the hotel in an attempt to find Lindsey, However, I was not about to leave without stealing a stein! Sneakily, I placed two steins into my bag and walked out the door. Right when i thought I had gotten away, ¨hey hold on¨ i hear in a german accent. O NOOOOO im caught. He came up to me and said, ¨I know you didnt pay for these but im going to turn a blind eye this time. Get out of here¨ THANK GOD Heather and I finally made it back to the hotel, steins in hand, only to find Lindsey not there. However, Lindsey showed up 10 min later with her camera. She had been taking pictures!!!! UGH i was mad!  After a much needed shower and aspirin, we headed to bed.
Sunday, I woke up early and packed. I was going to be taking a taxi with Emma to the airport. Emma, myself and several of her friends arrived at the airport and checked in. It was weird, I literally didnt show any form of identification once at the airport. That seems safe to me. After a long, exciting and exhausting weekend, I was heading back to Madrid.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: