Back in Australia!
Trip Start Dec 16, 2010
14Trip End Dec 29, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
We arrived ok to Sydney - from LA we had a spare seat so there was space for Mattias to move around. In Sydney we went through the customs with no problems, went to Qantas Domestic Transfer desk, checked in to Canberra and boarded the plane. The only problem was that in Canberra none of our luggage arrived.
Later in the day we got a call from Qantas that they have our luggage and it will be delivered tomorrow (Friday morning). Feeeewwwww! :-)
So my summary of this trip:
- Customer service
- Prices (especially with the current exchange rate). Harvey Norman, DJ and Myer should go to US for a holiday and see what prices are there. I mean all the stuff is produced/manufactured in China - why do we have to pay 4 times the price for the same item!?!?!? That's my whinge for the day... :-)
- Washington was cool - reminds me a little of Canberra.
- New York was a real "American" experience.
- Snow. The snow crippled New York but we thought it was really cool.
- The amout of police/security/etc in US. There are so many of them that it's quite funny.
- Being treated like a criminal everywhere we went.
- Dressing and undressing of the jackets/scarfs/gloves/etc every time we went into a shop/restaurant.
- The amount of people in tourist spots New York but then again that's why it's New York. ;-)
All in all an awesome trip. Thanks to Roxy and her secret planning for this trip - we had a blast.
Just in case you were wandering, I am not looking forward to work next week.