Coral View Resort - Tavewa Island

Trip Start Mar 14, 2008
Trip End Mar 30, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Coral View Resort

Flag of Fiji  ,
Tuesday, March 18, 2008

We woke up early this morning as we were picked up at 7am by Awesome Adventures bus that took us to Port Denarau where we boarded the "yellow" boat that took us to our first stop in Yasawa Islands.
Fortunately for us the weather cleared up a bit and it was shaping to be quite a nice day.
As we were going to the most northern part of Yasawa Islands the boat journey took about 5 hours!!!
So we thought let's go on the highest deck on the boat to catch the views.  We went past small islands (the ones you can walk around in a couple of minutes) and large islands.
The upper deck was all nice and good until we started getting sunburned. :-)  To protect us from the sun we went to the lower deck that was closed and air conditioned.  We stayed there for about 5 minutes and Roxy started to feel sea sick... The next thing I know we are going out of the lower deck.  But this time we settled on the midle deck where we were outside but protected from the sun.  We stayed there until we arrived to our first stop. 
As we were arriving to our stop we were welcomed by a number of small motor boats ("tinnies") from various resorts.  We went on "Coral View Resort Tinnie" and went on a 2min journey toward the resort.  As we were arriving the resort staff were singing a "welcome song".  After a warm "BULA" (famous Fiji greeting) we got off the tinnie and straight to the reception to get the key to our bure.
By this time the clouds got thicker but it was still not raining.
We didn't waste any time and we went straight for snorkeling just off the resort beach.  We saw some nice fishes, sea creatures and some coral. 
When we finished the snorkeling we just relaxed on the hammock until dinner time.
During dinner the resort staff were constantly playing guitars and singing Fijian songs.  It was a really nice atmosphere.  During dinner all new arrivals were introduced and from where they come from.  To my surprise, most of the people came from the UK.  Last time when I went to Fiji there were mostly Aussies and Kiwis...
We got a great rest during the night but as soon as we woke up we saw that it started to rain.  During breakfast the rain was so strong that I thought we will never see sunshine again.  All the activities for the day got cancelled and we got back to our bure for some more rest.  Roxy already started to feel better - which made me really happy.
The following day the weather cleared up a little and we were able to do some of the activities we missed out on the day before.  We went to a water cave that took about 40 minutes by a tinnie (at least it had a motor behind it).  Water cave was very cool and it was a great experience swimming in it.  On the way back however, it started to rain again and we were totally drenched by the time we got back to the resort.
We left to the next island in the afternoon - Manta Ray Resort, Drawaqa Island.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: