Moreton Bay

Trip Start Jan 28, 2006
Trip End Feb 20, 2007

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  ,
Monday, May 29, 2006

A hellava lot happens everyday, but a 1/2 hour train ride into the city to use the internet keeps me from being able to record it all. I've been seeing and doing a lot of the same things. Days and nights are filled with water sports, a little relaxing, and a lot of drinking. It seems that everynight turns into a booze fest whether I like it or not. Drinking in the South Pacific is a complete different experience then back home. Anyone who has ever been here knows that there are drinks even cheaper even Canada's budget beer. When the sun goes down in Australia backpackers bring out the 'GOON'. What is the goon you ask? Goon is Australia's cheapest, worst tasting wine in a 4 litre box. A box is ten bucks and lasts a good three nights. "The Goon" is such a bad tasting wine that for traditional sake it must be slapped before every drink. This involves taking the kidney like bag out of the box, holding way up high, slapping it as hard as possible, then pouring it straight from the bag into your mouth. ahh, nothing beats the goon.

On another note, I am once again off of work. My retarded ass was brilliant enough to slice my hand open at work. I was opening a drawer full of bar glasses when the drawer fell off its hinge. As fourty glasses crashed I instinctively tried to save some by shoving the drawer back in. Before I knew it a pool of my blood was widening rapidly on the floor. I knew I cut an artary. The owner drove me to the nearest hospital, which looked like it doubled as a vet. An old japanese doctor saw me right away. I told him what happened, and how I think I cut an artary because it was squirting out of my hand. He laid out my hand about a foot from his face and asked me to remove the cloth I had coving the gash. I told him ok, but warned him it would squirt in your face. Sure enough, he removed the cloth and I scored! Right in his freakin' eye, hehe. Anyway, 14 hours and 2 hospitals later I got my hand all stitched up. I've been off work on workers comp now for almost 2 weeks. Getting paid and not working...could be worse.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: