Enroute Stop DFW Airport, Texas

Trip Start Aug 01, 2011
Trip End Aug 25, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Enroute Stop at DFW Airport, Texas
What I did
Connected to a fight to San Antonio, Texas

Flag of United States  , Texas
Thursday, August 25, 2011

Family and Friends

The flight from San Francisco to Dallas was uneventful.  We flew on an American Airlines Boeing 757; the flight lasted just under three hours.  The departure gate was late calling for Rosalind's wheel chair; but we boarded with the first group which allowed her to take it easy walking down the jet bridge.  I put my computer, a couple of souviner books and my camera chip in the seat back pocket with the intent of working on the blog during the flight.  Our seat had a power port underneath it, so maintaining power would be great.  After takeoff, I pulled out my tray table and was ready to work.  I plugged in the power cord and nothing happened.  I had a fully charged battery, so power was not an issue.  I just like to use AC/DC power when available.  When the flight attendant came by to get our drink order, I asked her to turn on the powerports.  She advised me powerports on Boeing 757s had been disconnected due to a mechanical issue that could possibly cause a fire.  I had no problem with that decision. 

We got our peanuts and drinks and settled in.  I powered up the computer and started to write.  That effort didn't last too long.  After about fifteen minutes or so, my eyelids got real heavy and I put everything back into my backpack.  We were both so tired that neither one of us wanted our meal; I passed on shrimp!!  Boy I must have been really tired you think.  Anyway, the next thing we hear is a flight attendants making the announcement that we are landing.  We landed at about 1930 and parked at Gate C-12.  Our departure gate was C-33; we didn't have too far to go.  A wheelchair was waiting in the jet bridge.  We moved to our new gate and waited for the last leg of our journey.  The flight was not due to depart until 2200.  Going to the Admiral's Club to relax was too far, especially with the amount of time we had; it was in the International Terminal E.  So we sat in the gate area a little over two hours catching up on email and talking to family and friends.   By now we're kind of hungry but decided to wait until we got home to eat.  At about 2130, we boarded the plane.  Up to this point, we have been awake for almost 24 hours; but we're almost home. 

Next stop San Antonio :-) ...Chat with you later!

Lionel and Rosalind
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: