Finishing in Fairfax

Trip Start Mar 12, 2012
Trip End Jul 10, 2012

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , California
Sunday, July 1, 2012

After coming back from Yosemite, I went to stay at my aunt's in little Fairfax. I had lots to do this week, most importantly being my blog! I was so tired from my trip that I spent the first couple of days just relaxing and sleeping! Then on my third day I went into the town of Fairfax and sat in the coffee shop blogging for a while! I love sitting in coffee shops, it's so chilled. After that I went to the local cinema, and watched Disney's new film Brave, which was fantastic! However, the beautiful folk music made me a bit homesick! That evening we went to a local concert with two local bands playing, who were really excellent, and that was fun.

The next day I went to the Marin County Fair. It was similar to our country fairs, but obviously, with less country stuff. They had a big fairground, although hardly any rides allowed single riders, boo hoo. The bit I liked the most was the farm section. They had quite a few animals, including a huggeee big, llamas, cows, racing piglets, a petting zoo, ponies and horses. I went on a carriage ride which was cool, and later on they brought some big Clydesdale horses and mules out to stroke, which I loved.

They also had exhibitions of the fair competitions, for stuff like art, photography, crafting. Some were quite good. Then I met up with my aunt who had been volunteering, and we went to the concert for that night. The band was Steel Pulse, a reggae group from the UK. I'd never heard of them, but Mum says they're quite well known. They were really good though, and got a huge crowd. The locals in Marin are quite hippyish, and they loved them! After the performance, they had  such fireworks, which were lovely, and then it was back home.

Of course the next day was the 4th July! I said to my English friend that morning that I probably shouldn't wish him Happy 4th as it's really a good thing for the English! However, my cousin took me with her to a 'block party' of her friends, which was fun, and everyone was really lovely. We had a nice big BBQ and then went to watch the fireworks from a hilltop in the evening. 

Soon it was my last day there, and I had to go into San Fran to run some errands. I decided as my last touristy thing there I would ride the cable car. I had to wait about 45 minutes for an emptyish one to come along. But when it did, I got to go right at the front and hang off the side! The best spot! It was so much fun, racing up and down the hills with the wind in my hair! Haha. And then I got off, and the driver didn't as me for any fare! Excellent, free ride! I stopped and looked at Lombard Street (the really curly one with lots of flowers), then caught the bus back to Fairfax to pack for my flight!   
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: