Somewhere neir Llieda, Spain

Trip Start May 07, 2008
Trip End Sep 08, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Spain and Canary Islands  , Catalonia,
Tuesday, May 27, 2008

During the Messanges drama, we received an email from Kieth saying that he was on a road trip heading down to Barcelona. We hadnīt planned to get to Barcelona for another week but it would be crazy not to meet up with him so we made the journey which wasnīt too bad, about 4 and a half hours each day. The journey to Spain was meant to be 4 hours but ended up to take about 7, and that isnīt an exaggeration! The sat nav took us around the Midi-Pyrenees which was incredible, but scary! We drove so high up that we were above the clouds, of course it was still raining constantly, and I do not love heights and wanted to shut my eyes the entire time but that isnīt sensible as Iīm the driver.. :) The van didnīt exactly love the mountains either and a lot of the journey was done in second gear and took up gallons of diesel, but the views were amazing. One day I will get the millions of pictures that we have on the internet! We saw two deer (that were nearly 4 half deers as they jumped out infront of the van at the last minute), lots of funny looking cows, and some gorgeous wild horses and foals. We even saw a sad looking miniture shetland (it was smaller than a boxer dog) and we nearly went back and took it with us, to be trained as our mini horse slave that would go to the shops for us etc. We finally got to the border at about 5pm to be faced with a sign saying that the route was closed, and to cross the border at St.Beat. The sat nav didnīt know where St.Beat was and nor did the map, but luckily whilst we were parked up trying to figure out a map of the border a canadian lady got out of her car and told us exactly where to go. I thought the border crossing would be a huge traffic jam of cars with lots of scary policemen ripping cars apart for drugs etc but there was just a shed with a bored looking security guard who didnīt even look up when we drove past! We got to the campsite at 7pm and were charged a fortune for one night but we were so tired we didnīt care. Oh and its still pouring with rain!! 
Slideshow Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: