Three Sleeps to go, and Introductions
Trip Start Jun 19, 2009
18Trip End Jul 05, 2009
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
BMW R1150GS motorcycle on a loop around Europe, planning to visit 15 (or so) countries in 17 (or so) days. The "or so" disclaimers are because we are complete amateurs at motorcycle touring and our bums may give out after the first day. We'll see...
Some introductions are probably in order.
We're both Aussies who have been living in the UK since 2004. We moved here to travel and have managed a few great trips, but expect this trip will be the most intense and immersive.
* Arnhem (the Bridge Too Far)
* Hildesheim (birthplace of Rob's Great-grandfather & Lachlan's G-G-Grandfather)
* Colditz Castle
* Auschwitz/Birkenau concentration camps
* The High Tatras, Slovakia
* Lake Balaton, Hungary
* Plitvice Waterfalls, Croatia
* Lake Bled & the Julian Alps, Slovenia
* Cortina and the Dolomites
* The Swiss Alps
* All the roads in between
I hope you enjoy riding along with us. We hope to make regular posts, subject of course to wi-fi or Internet Cafe access. We'd love to read your comments.