We Made It...

Trip Start Jul 26, 2010
Trip End Aug 17, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Nevada
Friday, August 13, 2010

Hi everyone!
We made it...Las Vegas - last stop on the trip!
It is soooo hot here; we were sitting by the pool for about 20 minutes, went in the pool, sat again for 10 minutes, and we have come in...you can literally feel the burn!

So, we last left off when we had arrived in San Diego. The weather was starting to get hotter and hotter as we came down south. We headed to Sea World at about 11am, and there is so much to do there. We started off with the arctic animals and saw some Beluga Whales (the big white ones), and some Walrus' and Polar Bears. There was a simulated helicopter ride that 'took us' to the animals, and we both thought we were going to be sick.
We left that part and saw some penguins and sharks (they stink), and then it was pretty much time to head over to see the dolphins. We signed up (signed a waiver saying if we get attacked they were not liable!), and we headed in to get changed. There were lockers, each with our name on, and had our wetsuits and boots and a towel inside, all with our size in. There were about 10 of us doing the experience, and we were split into two groups. We all had to put the wetsuits on, and all you could hear across the changing room was groans of people trying to get in. We managed eventually, and got the boots on and then got zipped up - and couldn't breathe! We had to take every single piece of jewellery off, including studs!
Once we had got our very embarrassing wetsuits on, we then had to walk through the park, yes, walk through the park to the enclosure! When we were there, we met with the trainers and she took us into the water. We got to learn some of the trainer signals and got Tobi the dolphin to swim away and jump and spin. We got to stroke her, hug her and kiss her. Dolphins make really cool noises, and we got to hear them underwater. The trainer told Tiff to put her finger on the dolphins blowhole and it blew a raspberry at her - very funny! Did you know dolphins have whiskers when they are babies? and they get spots??
We moved over to the deep end and got to shake hands with Tobi and I (Neen) got to hold her in my lap. She had a very curious calf who kept coming over, but we were told to ignore her :(
We had loads of pictures taken throughout (we didn't realise), and because we couldnt decide on photos, we ended up buying the CD ($100!!).
We left there and went to see a Sea Lion show which was really funny, and we saw some sting rays and got to feed them (Neen's new favourite animal) and then we stayed to really late and saw the whale rocks show! I (Neen) got put up on the big screen, and Tiff thought it was particularly hillarious, as I didn't realise for ages, and looked gormless on the screen. Luckily, we didnt get splashed!

The next day, we left our hotel and headed down to the Mexico border. We managed to park the car for $5 and walked over (we were not allowed to take the car). We walked over and didnt  even have to show passports! We went to Tijuana and looked around the market for a bit. We didnt stay too long, because we were getting hassled by all the market owners. When it came to coming back, there was a queue of people about a mile long to get over. We saw a taxi driver who said it was quicker by taxi, so we payed $5 each and went with him. Sure enough, it only took about 40 minutes, rather than the 4 hours it would have taken. We then ate  at our favourite Dennys!

We then had our massive drive up to Yosemite. We got as far as Barstow and slept there for the night. We had a really cool hotel and in the morning after breakfast, we hung out by the pool for a while. We got changed and started driving in again. We got food on the go from McDonalds and carried on going. We arrived at Yosemite Springs at about 8:30pm. We had driven through the middle  of nowhere, and asked the woman who owned the hotel if there was any food around, and she said just up the road to Groveland - her up the road was actually about 30 minutes away. When we were here we got to see the oldest Saloon, established some time at the end of the 1800s.
The next morning we left the hotel and headed into Yosemite (after talking to the hotel owners for an hour and a half - a particular highlight was the Sheriffs tip on having disputes with people - the three Ss - Shoot, Shovel and Shut up. Meaning, kill them, bury them and tell no one - nice!
We drove straight through Yosemite, stopping at some lakes and good views.
We left here and drove up to Bodie the Ghost Town. It was $7 to get in and it was creapy to see all the houses with all the furniture in, and the wallpaper hanging off the wall. The rangers actually live there! Random, considering there are no facilities. We discovered tthey lived there, because Tiff just opened the door to one of their houses - hillarious!
We left here, on our way to the Death Valley. By the time we got there, it was kind of dark, but I (Neen) said we should still go for it. Five minutes in and we had already seen a rabbit, a coyote, mice, a bat. We got about 15 miles in, and there were no other cars, no lights and we were pretty freaked out, so we turned back around and went the long way round Death Valley.
We arrived in Las Vegas at about 2:00am. The room was and is awesome! There is a kitchen with a granite top, a dishwasher and microwave! A black toilet! and when Tiff wwas trying to find the lightswitch, she pressed a button and the whole wall moved up (it was actually a blind), revealing floor to ceiling windows with a view of the strip! Awesome!

We are going out now to do some shopping! Hopefully, we will do one more blog before we leave on Monday.

Love to everyone! Speak Soon!

Neen and Tiff xx
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


mick and sally on

glad u made it to vegas ok have fun hi to elvis take care

D on

Hotel sounds amazing...very jealous!!

Enjoy x

Mum and Dad Bain on

Las Vegas - what a luxurious end to a fantastic holiday! You look so well; can't wait to see you. Enjoy every last moment.
Lots of love, Mum & Dad xx

Justin on

Told you that hotel was amazing! That's where I always stay! Viva las Vegas! Don't spend too much in the miracle mile shops!
See you soon!

Ema and Harry on

Can't believe you are almost on your way home. The last leg of the trip sounds amazing. Will see you Friday 3rd September.
Hugs From The Turkey Bound Bilgora-Kelly's

Mum and Dad Bain on

We hope you both have a good journey home - can't wait to hear even more about your trip! See you tomorrow. Take care.
Lots of love
Mum and Dad xx

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: